• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red&Dreadjm

Vieira & Petit. What a magnificent pairing. Power, precision & full of confidence.

We did well in the interim when he left but when we purchased Gilberto it brought back that familiar feeling with Vieira bombing down the center now that he had a foil to soak up the pressure in his absence.

The 1997-1998 double remains my favorite because it seemed as though we were dead & buried in December the turn around put together later was the stuff of legends. The victory over Wimbledon at Selhurst Park on Wednesday & the win over Manchester United at Old Trafford the following Saturday made me believe we'd win our first premier league title.

It's a testament to the nerves & grit of that team that we remain the only team to win the league from 6th place at the halfway mark of the season.
It's what kills me now - we've not had a team with nerve & grit for so very long. Arsène wouldn't know nerve & grit now if it served him breakfast & poured his morning cup of coffee.

RoadrunnerReloaded

What a sad tune this is:

Why we weren't doing everything possible and outbidding the f*** out of Roma to give this man the keys to the castle is beyond me.

Already proven with a much smaller club he can achieve both what the fans and money grubbing owners would want. Really saddens me that we seemed to never even attempt to get this gem.

scytheavatar

Established Member
What a sad tune this is:

Why we weren't doing everything possible and outbidding the f*** out of Roma to give this man the keys to the castle is beyond me.

Already proven with a much smaller club he can achieve both what the fans and money grubbing owners would want. Really saddens me that we seemed to never even attempt to get this gem.

Madrid and other PL clubs wanted him too, it's obvious Monchi joined Roma not because of money but because of the power he was promised to be given. No way he was going to join us unless that old man was asked to leave.

RoadrunnerReloaded

Madrid and other PL clubs wanted him too, it's obvious Monchi joined Roma not because of money but because of the power he was promised to be given. No way he was going to join us unless that old man was asked to leave.

That's the missed trick. :(

Arsenal minus Wenger is the biggest club that would give him the power he needs to achieve success. It would have been the perfect transition from our old all-powerful manager model with Wenger to an overseeing director of football model which is better suited for modern footballing business.

Wenger has all the power currently. Switching over to Monchi would have been far easier for us than any of the bigger clubs. No way would Monchi have gone to Real or United. But if we were willing to get rid of Wenger and begin our transition to a modern footballing model, this was the golden time to do it. We easily could have scooped him up over Roma had we the will to do so.

With our resources, reputation and Monchi as a director of football hiring our next manager we would be a threat to any club in world football even the ones richer than us.

ARSNLNO1

Someone compared Bakayoko to Vieira, which is an insult really. Bakayoko is crap.

I have to disagree with you there, granted I've only watched him a few times but he certainly didn't look crap, has all the raw ingredients, now just needs to gain the composure and experience.

I'm not saying he is in Vieira's league, players like him do not come around every day but I don't remember Vieira being a huge stand out performer before he moved to the premier league.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

A name that's not on the list but, why not? What say you AM.

An Evolution, Not An Overhaul: Why Valverde Would Be The Tweaker Arsenal Need

http://www.umaxit.com/index.php/col...hy-valverde-would-be-the-tweaker-arsenal-need

Probably because no one knows who he is in all honesty. :lol:

I do feel it'll be this type of appointment though should Wenger choose to leave this summer. At the moment Allegri and Simeone are pipe dream stuff.

From what I've seen Bilbao play some decent stuff, so I guess that's a start, wouldn't know much else about Valverde though.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
kongdobia was the new vieira
frimpong was the new vieira
truth of the matter is diaby was the closest we got from having someone similar to that dude.
i

GDeep™

League is very weak
kongdobia was the new vieira
frimpong was the new vieira
truth of the matter is diaby was the closest we got from having someone similar to that dude.
i

There was a former Arsenal player who said Diaby pre injury was frightening, forget who.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I'd have bet good money on Diaby being a spastic dopey but sometimes flashy git in some games over becoming a Vieira even if he was never ever injured.

Godwin1

Very well-known
I'd have bet good money on Diaby being a spastic dopey but sometimes flashy git in some games over becoming a Vieira even if he was never ever injured.
It's a case of a player gaining mythical abilities when they're injured. He did play 40 games for us one season and his performances were mixed.

Was never in the potential world class category, but still a good player when he was on form.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
It's a case of a player gaining mythical abilities when they're injured. He did play 40 games for us one season and his performances were mixed.

Was never in the potential world class category, but still a good player when he was on form.
Yeah he had decent ability but nothing more. If we're wondering about a crocked quality player it was RvP. He didn't seem to need much of special circumstances or settling time and immediately performed. Can't say that for the rest of our injury prone unicorns who need everything to be perfect and we patiently wait for them to take all the time in the world to do something worth mentioning. If they were actually top quality you'd see it more often than not whenever available.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Bollocks, before his injury he looked phenomenal.

You people trot this "better while injured" line to every player ffs. Diaby was quality before his injury.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yeah he had decent ability but nothing more. If we're wondering about a crocked quality player it was RvP. He didn't seem to need much of special circumstances or settling time and immediately performed. Can't say that for the rest of our injury prone unicorns who need everything to be perfect and we patiently wait for them to take all the time in the world to do something worth mentioning. If they were actually top quality you'd see it more often than not whenever available.

Arsenal Mania wanted to sell RvP, I was his only backer on here during his injury stints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom