• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ligue 1 Thread

isop

Guendous and Saliba were really good tonight. Matteo is rapidly becoming a fan favorite as well.
Cengiz Ünder was the star of the show though. This dude is a player. Will keep an eye on him this season.

Yes, I'm also intrigued at how Ünder does there. He had a breakout season or two at Roma, looked really good, could dribble, score, create and assist, he looked a top talent. We were linked with him when Mislintat was here. But the rumours were that Roma quoted us £45m, and we felt that was too much at the time for what he had achieved in his career so far.

He's had a couple of indifferent seasons since then, at Roma and then on loan at Leicester, where to be fair he didn't play much, but this is a good move for him. Marseille are building a nice team, and Sampaoli (usually) plays exciting attacking football. He's also back to being a starter again, so if he fulfills his early promise/potential, he should be a cracking player.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Yes, I'm also intrigued at how Ünder does there. He had a breakout season or two at Roma, looked really good, could dribble, score, create and assist, he looked a top talent. We were linked with him when Mislintat was here. But the rumours were that Roma quoted us £45m, and we felt that was too much at the time for what he had achieved in his career so far.

He's had a couple of indifferent seasons since then, at Roma and then on loan at Leicester, where to be fair he didn't play much, but this is a good move for him. Marseille are building a nice team, and Sampaoli (usually) plays exciting attacking football. He's also back to being a starter again, so if he fulfills his early promise/potential, he should be a cracking player.

Agree. He scored a great goal for Turkey on Tuesday and assisted on the second. He seems to be getting back to his best.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Little less open 2nd half but this Lorient/Lille game has been great.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Brilliant turn and finish from Dieng for 2-0. Marseille playing really well. Saliba and Douzi balling.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Still think Douzi has a lot of potential. So assured out there.
Yeah, he's a good footballer, and a very good midfield personality (such an underrated quality that of his to have the personality to always want and look to receive the ball from deep).

It's a shame Arteta took the inflexible approach he took with him, because we'd be much better off with Thomas, Guendouzi, and Lokonga as our principle CM options. Arteta looked like he had the initial idea to curb a bit his box to box instincts and make him more of a sitter, which is how he seems to be playing now with Sampaoli.

As I said in another thread, one of the things Arteta has done that I least liked.

Oh well, there will be more midfielders; hopefully we can go for Tchouameni next summer, on @carlito'sway 's recommendation...always was an interesting talent and though I forgot to watch him tonight for Monaco I'm guessing Carlito is right given his recent international call-up and start.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Yeah, he's a good footballer, and a very good midfield personality (such an underrated quality that of his to have the personality to always want and look to receive the ball from deep).

It's a shame Arteta took the inflexible approach he took with him, because we'd be much better off with Thomas, Guendouzi, and Lokonga as our principle CM options. Arteta looked like he had the initial idea to curb a bit his box to box instincts and make him more of a sitter, which is how he seems to be playing now with Sampaoli.

As I said in another thread, one of the things Arteta has done that I least liked.

Oh well, there will be more midfielders; hopefully we can go for Tchouameni next summer, on @carlito'sway 's recommendation...always was an interesting talent and though I forgot to watch him tonight for Monaco I'm guessing Carlito is right given his recent international call-up and start.

I am afraid we can't compete anymore for the likes of Tchouameni. It is public info now that both Chelsea and Juventus are preparing to make offers for him any the end of the season. This guy will have the biggest clubs after him.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Comfortable and assured win for Marseille. Would be great for French football if they could maintain a challenge to PSG.

The players know their role in the system and the team looked really good today despite Payet absence and Gerson not starting. That OM can travel and go places. They may have unearthed a gem too with this young senegalese, Bamba Dieng (who incidentally looks a lot like Sadio Mane physically and in his game as well).

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
The players know their role in the system and the team looked really good today despite Payet absence and Gerson not starting. That OM can travel and go places. They may have unearthed a gem too with this young senegalese, Bamba Dieng (who incidentally looks a lot like Sadio Mane physically and in his game as well).
How's Amine Harit looked for them? Remember he looked interesting at some point for Schalke.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel

Missing Milik as well. Very impressed with Dieng, really bullied the defender for that 2nd goal.

Top Bottom