• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lisandro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeadFarmer

Don’t know why people are moaning. He will go to United for the same reasons that Jesus went to Arsenal.

The only worrying point is that there are no credible links for other high quality targets.

It’s a good thing. I want out of the blue signing that we agree on. No more being scouting team for Chelsea and United. I’m almost certain there is work going on behind the scene to bring talent in. We got money but I’m sure Edu and Arteta sees what Chelsea and United are doing and probably prefers to avoid the repeat.

TinFish

It’s a good thing. I want out of the blue signing that we agree on. No more being scouting team for Chelsea and United. I’m almost certain there is work going on behind the scene to bring talent in. We got money but I’m sure Edu and Arteta sees what Chelsea and United are doing and probably prefers to avoid the repeat.
Time will tell.

However we signed Vieira as a backup out of the blue. Unless we have plenty more money to spend I'm still confused why he was the first in the door.

My gut and logical instinct tells me we want:

1 ST
1 CM
1 LF/RF
1 Utility

We've signed Jesus as the ST, Vieira as the CM and was targeting Martinez as the utility player.

Now Partey is likely to join Prison FC I think we will reallocate the LF/RF funds to another CM such as Tielemans.

That's what I realistically expect this window.

To sum it it up, a promosing but underwhelming window for Arsenal FC as usual. Always a player or two short.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That is a good thing. It's not about the media talking about who we are trying to sign for Chelsea and United to jump in. They have no plan. We have a plan so we need to keep it quiet.
I like that to be honest but i find it wierd we don't have journalist knows what we targeting after losing Raphinha and potentially this guy we still need 3 signings

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Like I said multiple times I really like Martinez and would hate to see another Ajax gem go to another club than Arsenal (Eriksen, Ziyech, Frenkie, etc.).

However, I don't really understand that we're spending €50m on a CB (he's a CB first and foremost, ffs). I would think we should sooner invest in an established CM, LB and in my opinion LW (Gnabry now that Raphinha slipped out of our hands - as I understand, I'm on holiday, so not following closely). Afterwards we can sell Holding for a decent sum and sign a cheap back-up CB to replace him. Several free agents out there.

6666Louis

Anyone think we’ll start 3 at the back?

Like, don’t mind names

- White Saliba Martinez -
Raphinha Partey Martinelli
Saka ødegaard viera SR
Jesus

Would be good at highpressure, and combinations, mind me I might be delusional

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom