• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lisandro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I have thought we’d make a move for a LCB for ages.

Gabriel has been really patchy and this puts pressure on him. Don’t think this affects Saliba fwiw.

As you say it’s all about pressure on Holding.

A left footer has been mentioned for a while and with Mari leaving it was always likely if we'd get one if we could. Didn't expect it be a 30m move though tbf.

Big fan of Gabriel and still see him as our best defender. If this guy turns out to be better though then I can't complain. Competition is healthy.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
He'd be a phenomenal signing tbh. Would be great to see him bedded in as an inverted left back initially, looks much more comfortable than Tierney with the ball at his feet. Would take the edge off Saliba and his whole contract situation too.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

The article:

Arsenal’s purchase of Fabio Vieira is a significant pointer to the business they intend for this summer, because a player of his profile and positioning was not necessarily a priority. This suggests, unless they completely changed their thinking (which is not typical of manager Mikel Arteta), the Portuguese youngster was simply too good a prospect to pass up.

Signing him does not necessarily mean Arsenal will stop chasing other targets, or that Vieira’s arrival replaces others in their sights, such as Raphinha, Gabriel Jesus or Lisandro Martinez. Rather, they are keen to press on. The plan, ideally, is to recruit them all.

Vieira’s transfer happened very quickly. There were other names on the list, but ultimately the degree to which Arteta wanted this particular player dramatically accelerated the deal, running for five years and worth up to £35 million. Although Vieira has played multiple positions in his career and can also operate as a second striker or wide player, the 22-year-old is regarded by Arsenal primarily as an option as a No 10 or No 8. Arsenal are expecting him to need some time to adapt after moving from Portuguese football but there is considerable excitement within the camp that he can develop into an exceptional player.

That is something which remains key in their strategy — identifying the promise of high-calibre talent while they are still affordable. The 19-year-old Brazilian winger Marquinhos, a recent arrival from Sao Paulo, is another indicator of that, and his integration is with the future in mind.
With so much focus on creative players, it is not forgotten that Arsenal still have some thinking to do defensively. USA international goalkeeper Matt Turner will soon meet up with his new team-mates following his move from New England Revolution of MLS and French centre-back William Saliba is set to restart his career at London Colney after his post-Nations League holiday.

Arsenal would like Martinez to join the defensive block — Ajax’s left-sided centre-back would add more depth in the position Gabriel made his own last season. Sources indicate Arsenal have had an offer — in the region of €30 million — rejected already. The 24-year-old, who is said to be keen on joining Arteta’s side, would also provide cover at left-back for Kieran Tierney, similar to how Takehiro Tomiyasu is also able to play both positions on the right side of defence.

A deal would increase the likelihood of a loan for Nuno Tavares, though the player is happy in London after getting a sometimes testing debut season under his belt and is keen to stay.

Arsenal are also now looking to close a deal for Jesus as swiftly as possible. Manchester City are seeking £50 million and don’t need the money, but there is hope an arrangement can be reached between the clubs, with the Brazilian forward ready to join and personal terms not thought to be a problem. Youri Tielemans is another name high on Arsenal’s list but that is a more nuanced situation. It is likely to depend on other movement in central midfield. Granit Xhaka remains an enigmatic presence, but if there was a deal to be done for him, it would open the door wider for Tielemans, with a fee of around £25 million needed to do business with Leicester.

Tielemans was very close to happening late last season when Arsenal looked like they could return to Champions League football, but the move became less certain with their fifth-place finish only providing Europa League football in 2022-23. The Belgian is not against staying at Leicester for the final year of his contract, hoping to impress at the World Cup halfway through it, and then having his pick of clubs on a free transfer next summer.
Arsenal clearly need to generate some funds from outgoings, and will welcome the money that could be raised from selling a cluster of first-team players who have some value but are unlikely to get any playing time under Arteta — the likes of Lucas Torreira, Bernd Leno and Nicolas Pepe.

A deal for Leeds United’s Raphinha is thought to be contingent on a Pepe exit and it is believed Arsenal and the Ivorian are keen for this to happen — but the club would want to see a reasonable return on their record signing. Barcelona’s interest in the Brazilian took a hit with Leeds surviving relegation on the final day of last season and being less vulnerable to a cheap sale, which leaves a path for Arsenal to show how ambitious and aggressive they want to be in this summer’s market.

It is a difficult balancing act: spending without recouping first is a gamble, but at the same time they do not want to miss their top targets and are very aware of the dangers of waiting until the end of a window to complete too many deals.

The lesson of last season is fresh.

Arsenal were clear in their recruitment pattern a year ago, with young, developing potential at the heart of their rebuild. But due to the lateness of key signings, the team were not ready when the action began and the club endured their worst ever Premier League start with three losses in a row, no goals scored and nine conceded. Nine months later, they finished three points short of Champions League qualification.​

KSE blowing the bag on Teta.

Teta is unmatched man. The majority of us can’t stand him but you have to stand up and clap the way he’s finessed his way into getting them to splash the cash.

Word on the street is they get weak at the knees for jet black hair.

Yeah you have to respect Arteta at very least for selling owners some vision and dream for them to splash the cash and also keeping the locker room tighter than a group of girls when they walk past GDeep, Rasmi and Sergio.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It doesn’t stop there for Stan:

Going to have to draft my letter up for him…

Dear Stan, I meant to write you sooner but I just been busy
You said your girlfriend's pregnant now, how far along is she?
Look, I'm really flattered you would call your daughter that
And here's an autograph for your brother
I wrote it on the Starter cap
I'm sorry I didn't see you at the show, I must've missed you
Don't think I did that **** intentionally just to diss you

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Interesting that he didn't mention TIelemans.
He did;
Youri Tielemans is another name high on Arsenal’s list but that is a more nuanced situation. It is likely to depend on other movement in central midfield. Granit Xhaka remains an enigmatic presence, but if there was a deal to be done for him, it would open the door wider for Tielemans, with a fee of around £25 million needed to do business with Leicester.

Tielemans was very close to happening late last season when Arsenal looked like they could return to Champions League football, but the move became less certain with their fifth-place finish only providing Europa League football in 2022-23. The Belgian is not against staying at Leicester for the final year of his contract, hoping to impress at the World Cup halfway through it, and then having his pick of clubs on a free transfer next summer.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

• Funny
Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom