• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lisandro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We are clearly currently negotiating a fee after our last bid since there has been no briefing of a rejection. I reckon we will go to 45 million euros and tie it up. Then when it's confirmed we will bid for Raphinha.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
After seeing what happen with Raphinha don't try to repeat same mistake with this and let utd steal him. Transfer market is unpredictable.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
On one hand, i want him because he looks a top player. On the other, its a dumb move by the club. You don't spend this much to use him as a versatile back up. I doubt he'd want that either. By all accounts, it seems CB is his position, if he were to come, we have 3 others of a similar age, thats asking for trouble, especially in a World Cup year.

Goonerist

The Raphinha push just seemed surreal to me all along. Was weird..
Now let’s get Lisandro Martinez and a real Striker if we can find one.

Can let Chelsea get Raphinha, Spuds get Richarlison and Man United get Martinez.. It would turn into a depressing window all of a sudden..

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The Raphinha push just seemed surreal to me all along. Was weird..
Now let’s get Lisandro Martinez and a real Striker if we can find one.

Can let Chelsea get Raphinha, Spuds get Richarlison and Man United get Martinez.. It would turn into a depressing window all of a sudden..
We won't get striker. It'll be winger we gave Eddie long and big contract we won't sign striker for him to be 3rd choice. We targeting RW to rotate with Saka and ease pressure on him.

Martinez deal hopefully will go through because utd signing a LB.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Think we'll get a resolution to this soon, press can't wait to call this deal dead or highjacked.

Either way, we'll get to see if we have other targets if we drop interest.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Think we'll get a resolution to this soon, press can't wait to call this deal dead or highjacked.

Either way, we'll get to see if we have other targets if we drop interest.
If we seriously gone that far and made 40m€ and drop interest because of few million then it's not good sign.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

This hobbit is definitely not worth a fvcking saga. He is playing for Ajax in the dutch league, not Real Madrid in La Liga ffs. Give them what they want or move on.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

I like the player from the admittedly little I've seen of him, and I think his versatility can only be a plus. Very curious though what the plan is for him if he comes here.

I suppose playing him LB could free up an 8, as Martinez could sit back and tuck in, while the 8 roams forward - reverse to what Xhaka and Tierney had going on for a bit, where Tierney went forward and Xhaka tucked back. But then I've read on here that he doesn't play LB frequently, and is Tierney really going to be relegated to back up?

Many questions, hopefully we get this signing done and we have them soon answered.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Thats great, but we have Tomiyasu doing the same on the other side. Saka and Martinelli constantly have 2 or 3 players on them
While I don't disagree, I think the idea is that by tucking the fullbacks, you free up your 8s in midfield. It would be easier to draw out, but in theory when the ball is in the final third of the right wing instead of having your RW, ST and RB supporting the attack, you would have your RW, ST and RCM supporting the attack (who is hopefully better equipped for general attacking play anyways than the RB). This might not even be part of the plan at all anyways, it's a lot of conjecture until we actually see how Martinez is integrated if and when we sign him.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
While I don't disagree, I think the idea is that by tucking the fullbacks, you free up your 8s in midfield. It would be easier to draw out, but in theory when the ball is in the final third of the right wing instead of having your RW, AM, ST and RB supporting the attack, you would have your RW, AM, ST and RCM supporting the attack (who is hopefully better equipped for general attacking play anyways than the RB). This might not even be part of the plan at all anyways, it's a lot of conjecture until we actually see how Martinez is integrated if and when we sign him.
Neither Xhaka or Ødegaard run beyond the ball though. None of it feels well thought through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom