• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lisandro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash_rasul

Given people want him at LB he'll be wise to not come here.

We would ruin him.
I don't think too many on here are overly excited to see him playing at left-back. I think more of the excitement stems from his tactical versatility, enabling him to slot into various positions on the pitch as needed to allow for a more flexible formation and tactical setup.

And yes, he may provide some cover at left back, which certainly does not harm the cause!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I actually think this is more important than the Raphinha signing. Jesus and Martinez are options that are not really present on the market. I reckon we could drop the same fee we are willing to pay for Raphinha on another winger.
We have money to all these 3 deals plus Tielemans if we want to. Don't think Ajax are going to ask more than 40M€ for Martinez specially after Timber end up staying.

Ciscoo

people saying he’d be an inverted LB etc etc with attacking 8s etc like yh I get it. But it would be weird to buy Tavares and then loan him out a year later and replace him with a completely opposite player, no?

If that’s what he wants the LB to do why did they buy Tavares, who clearly can’t do that
Tavares is a pretty inverted player tbh. He was more dangerous when he cut inside than when he got to the byline to cross. He just isn’t good enough to do it at this level. A cheap gamble that didn’t pay off and it sounds like we’re cutting our losses.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I actually think this is more important than the Raphinha signing. Jesus and Martinez are options that are not really present on the market. I reckon we could drop the same fee we are willing to pay for Raphinha on another winger.
He adds so much to our team and squad. Can play in roles we need backups in (LCB, LB and DM) without bloating our squad with trash backups all over the place.

Raphinha is a fantastic player but surely we need a LW more than RW (and more important someone who can play both sides very comfortably at the top level). I do want him but I agree that we can find someone else if we need to.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
people saying he’d be an inverted LB etc etc with attacking 8s etc like yh I get it. But it would be weird to buy Tavares and then loan him out a year later and replace him with a completely opposite player, no?

If that’s what he wants the LB to do why did they buy Tavares, who clearly can’t do that

Because he's just throwing pasta at the wall hoping one will stick.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Because he's just throwing pasta at the wall hoping one will stick.

Reckon any club with smart people at the helm will offer us the price of a single Penne Arabiatta serving for Tavares & even then it's overpriced :lol:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

What is annoying is that they let Gravenberch run his contract down and leave for peanuts. He is Dutch ffs. He should have been their Darwin Nunez fee.
They didn’t “let” Gravenberch do anything, this was the late Raiola’s work, impossible to get his clients to sign long term deals and what are you gonna do? Leave a starter rotting in reserves? It takes 2 years to get a Raiola client to sign a contract and then they sign a short deal

razörist

I've never seen Ajax drag their heels in the mud. I said for years that they have wasted so much potential money being pushovers and now they decide to wake up and smell the coffee ffs.
Pushovers? They sold for 500M of players last 5 years, can’t even remember when we last sold a player for 5M. Even now you have people saying they’d be happy to let Bellerin go on a free a year before his contract ends. Starting right back in laliga and copa del rey winner. Real Betis would make you pay 30M for him. 🤣

razörist

Tierney + Martinez is a fantastic combo going into next season. If Martinez proves himself and Tierney has another mediocre/injury hit season then I wouldn't mind listening to offers if they are north of £30-40m, but its a season too early to do so. And Nuno is not ready he needs gametime in the EL or elsewhere on loan.
Nobody gonna offer you 30M for Tierney if he has another mediocre/injury ridden season

razörist

I’ve made up my mind. If Martinez comes here and gets gametime in Xhaka’s position he’s never going out of the team again and we’re rid of that problem forever. Forget about LB and CB, he’ll cover those positions at most.

razörist

The fee is just prediction but look we'll return with a good bid after getting Raphinha deal over the line. Orny said 2 days ago we determined to get Lisandro.
Reckon once we get CL money too we’ll be putting in offers for Mbappe, unreal sauce from Arteta this.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Has Ornstein, or anyone reliable, given any indication of where we intend to play him?

Are fans just assuming that he’ll play LB/CM because his lack of height?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Has Ornstein, or anyone reliable, given any indication of where we intend to play him?

Are fans just assuming that he’ll play LB/CM because his lack of height?
Orny said LCB/LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom