• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lisandro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
One thing really worries me is his height. He gives me Torreria vibe sometimes

If he's anything like Torreira was in his first season with where we played in his right position as DCM - I'd take him. Torreira is first season was levels above anything Xhaka, Paretu Elneny and Lokonga have been.

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
We're talking about spending up to £40m to get him - a player who on paper (and YouTube...) looks like he could do a brilliant job covering Partey or Tierney. But he doesn't play LB or midfield very much... and we don't really need a £40m CB... so what's going on here? Is this all just a fantasy, I'm not sure.
Believe it or not I first started looking into this transfer while on 2C-B, looking at his statistics and highlights. And he tripped me the **** out, I was in awe of him. Your last sentence about fantasy is kind of how I felt as he confused me a lot but also impressed me a lot + restructured my views of the way football is coached from a manager's perspective (zonally, positionally) and also made me think deeper into the new 5 sub rule and how it changes football.

Ever since I have been enchanted and just want to sign him. I think a lot of us dont exactly know how he will be used but are excited for the journey, just like a trip :lol:

ash_rasul

Believe it or not I first started looking into this transfer while on 2C-B, looking at his statistics and highlights. And he tripped me the **** out, I was in awe of him. Your last sentence about fantasy is kind of how I felt as he confused me a lot but also impressed me a lot + restructured my views of the way football is coached from a manager's perspective (zonally, positionally) and also made me think deeper into the new 5 sub rule and how it changes football.

Ever since I have been enchanted and just want to sign him. I think a lot of us dont exactly know how he will be used but are excited for the journey, just like a trip :lol:
Appears our tabs were dropped from the same batch.

Good sh!t!

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
What makes Partey special, and why he makes us so much better, is he can receive the ball, turn one man, beat the next with a dribble, and beat the third with a pass—and do that multiple times in a game. Show me one highlight of this guy doing that. If anyone is expecting him to replace Partey they are going to be very, very disappointed.

He also passes the ball to the opposition multiple times in a game.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I'm with you. A-M can feel like the Matrix at times lol. What is certain is that Partey is central (literally and metaphorically) to everything we do and we mustn't gamble on his fitness. With one game a week and the best injury record in years, we were still undone by three injuries! I think we have to suck up the price at it's the market for PL clubs atm, but imagine if Lisandro had been here last season. We get the fee back in CL money alone. He's also a back up should things turn sour eith Saliba. Right now, I hop he'll be everything and more that I wanted Torreira to be.
Exactly how I feel - he's mobile, combatitive, with a lot of quality on the ball. Should be great at DM and we desperately need cover for Partey. I'm 🙏🙏🙏 Lisandro is the guy who can do that for us.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Think this is a more important signing than Raphinha, need to get it done.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Some foresight going on here.

So we’re signing this lad as a CB, but also a LB but also a DM!???

This isn’t happening and rightly so😂😂

Some foresight going on here.

So we’re signing this lad as a CB, but also a LB but also a DM!???

This isn’t happening and rightly so😂😂

You're on Arsenal-mania mate. The forum where people make fun of Pep and Arteta for their tactics but then the majority of posters on here twerk for every ball-playing CB we sign to be played in midfield. :lol::lol::lol:

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

Amazing post, love the idea of someone tripping out to football stats. **** takes you in crazy directions sometimes

Bloodbather

Established Member

I'm in the same place, where this is the signing I want the most right now, but starting to question whether my view is sound or if we've been sucked into one of those occasional Arsenal-Mania alternate realities that spin out from time to time...

We're talking about spending up to £40m to get him - a player who on paper (and YouTube...) looks like he could do a brilliant job covering Partey or Tierney. But he doesn't play LB or midfield very much... and we don't really need a £40m CB... so what's going on here? Is this all just a fantasy, I'm not sure.
He doesn't play LB or midfield because the teams he plays for don't need him to play those roles, they need him to play LCB. You have to look at a player's skillset first, because team selection is always dependent on tactics.

Most fans don't really go into the depth of tactics, because that's not where their enjoyment of the game lies, so they'll have a bunch of takes that undermine the role of tactics. Versatile players and free-roaming positional play always confuse people who have a rigid understanding of positions on the pitch. We see some of that here, with people dismissing Lisandro's ability to play inverted LB even though his skillset is obviously suitable, just because he hasn't played LB in a completely different style.

bakaboo

There might be a chance of going to 3 at the back if we really bring in Martinez. He will be CB/DM and sharing or taking Yakubu responsibilities which allow Yakubu to move up abit. That might explain why we are not pressing for a signing like Tielemans

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
There might be a chance of going to 3 at the back if we really bring in Martinez. He will be CB/DM and sharing or taking Yakubu responsibilities which allow Yakubu to move up abit. That might explain why we are not pressing for a signing like Tielemans

Nah Yakubu needs to stay where he is. He looked good in that lone pivot last season. If he can be more secure with his distribution he completely locks down that midfield area for us.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
If he's anything like Torreira was in his first season with where we played in his right position as DCM - I'd take him. Torreira is first season was levels above anything Xhaka, Paretu Elneny and Lokonga have been.
Yeah…no.

6gunner

Not against the 4231, but who do you play in the 2?

As much as I hate to say it, it would be somebody new and someone else that’s new.

Barring that, I suppose if either the Smith or Fabio can play the 10 then we can play Xhaka and move Ødegaard in there. Getting Tielemans in would sure help with this dilemma as would a ESR-like leap forward in production for Sambi. Long story short, with no perfect option we’d have to mix and match based on opposition.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Yeah…no.

Torreira was quality in first, most had in their too 5 player in the season for us.

Partey had wat a month - 6 weeks decent form this season and that's if we being generous (whilst wasn't good 3nough outside of this period). That fact average Mo was our best cm and he only played half a dozen league games really shows what level our cms are at.

Brett

If torreira is a flop so is Partey, the guy been always injured at crucial times or been off form. It has been two years and he is yet to justify his price tag.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Torreira was quality in first, most had in their too 5 player in the season for us.

Partey had wat a month - 6 weeks decent form this season and that's if we being generous (whilst wasn't good 3nough outside of this period). That fact average Mo was our best cm and he only played half a dozen league games really shows what level our cms are at.
That's not a fact, that's a ridiculous opinion. Elneny had two half decent games and people lose their minds about him.

Partey has been a letdown because he's nowhere near the level he was at Atletico. He's still our best CM by miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom