• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lisandro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He must be coming as a LB as there’s not a chance in hell this guy is lasting more than a game at CB in England. Looks smaller than Messi.

People who think midgets can play CB in the people are the dumbest people on earth. Oh he has a great leap…fvck off

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
I don't care much about height discussions but that picture is just too much, looks like Messi towers over him ffs.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
People who think midgets can play CB in the people are the dumbest people on earth. Oh he has a great leap…fvck off
purely down to balls in the air or not physical enough?

think my money would be on him vs our Ben in a fight :lol:... seems to have a bit about him

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I appreciate i might be being harsh on him, but i also think people are getting carried away thinking he's ready now. He was in and out of the Porto team all season, didn't start a CL game, not capped by Portugal. I think its very likely we'll mostly see him the the EL group stages, so 30m isn't a smart use of resources imo. Its a fine signing if you are City or Liverpool and have your starting 11 sorted, we are still building, or at least, we are meant to be.

A nice balance in what sense? Because neither of them have a history of playing the LCM or '8' position most want an improvement on.
I agree with @The_Playmaker with his assessment that reliable cover for Partey and Tierney are bigger priorities than an 8 but put that to one side.

That's my biggest question mark with Vieira - he seems to occupy the right side not the left so the question is whether he can be effective on from the left. Tielemans is two footed and proven but yeah, hopefully Arteta has a plan

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I don't care much about height discussions but that picture is just too much, looks like Messi towers over him ffs.
They are really playing dumb because we all want a new toy. Transfer window all logic go out of the window and people just want new player. He looks so small it’s laughable.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
We're buying Martinez because he's a good player that opens up different ways of setting up the team. He also provide essential cover if needed, and competition/alternate for Gabriel.

You are guys are underestimating the effect that 5 subs will have on tactics during a match. If you want to compete with the big boys, use those 5 subs to do something besides simply replacing players having a bad day, or spelling tired players.
I think this is a very good point. Last season it seemed like Arteta was always just replacing a tired player with a backup. I never felt like someone coming off the bench was going to make an impact-get us an improbable late equalizer or find a game winner against the run of play. A player with Martinez’s versatility should be very helpful in making our side look different at critical moments in matches.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
He definitely not 1.78 as some said... He is like 1.73m. like 2 or 3 CMS taller than Messi and that's all.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He must be coming as a LB as there’s not a chance in hell this guy is lasting more than a game at CB in England. Looks smaller than Messi.

5ft9 must be his Tinder height cos this guy is built like my 6 year old nephew ffs. Even at fullback he’d get exposed.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He definitely not 1.78 as some said... He is like 1.73m. like 2 or 3 CMS taller than Messi and that's all.
I think from the pics he is 1-2 cm taller than messi at best. The issue with him as lb is he is not the quickest

Gunners1616

Sagna is 175cm and he had nice shifts as CB back in the days... Quite good in the air too. So its possible..

I just don't think we need a CB. Saliba, Holding and even Tomiyasu can cover there. And doesn't seems like Martinez played LB a whole lot.

If we need a CDM to cover for Partey, is he the best option at this price point? Zinchenko seems to make much more sense... At least he actually plays as LB and in midfield where we need him + PL proven.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
It might be hard for you to accept it now but that’s just how modern football works these days. Welcome to modern football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom