• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lisandro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Not sure there is a better player on the market for the inverted LB role.

His passing is so good, seems intelligent, flexible, and knows how to defend. Height would be no issue at all.

It's clear why they want him.

Not sure does Ten Hag play with inverted fullbacks?
I keep hearing inverted left back. Is that a fancy word for a defensive left back? I worry for his pace as left back

BIoodBrother

I get the impression tbat the player is worth 30mil max as a CB.
In case you want to do a new formation and hes the hybrid (the only one that fits criteria) that lets us play 2341 in attack, i understand that Mikel is willing to go to 40, but why would ManU do that crazy business for him to be a CB i cant understand at all.
I hope smn explains to him that Maguire ("we wont sell") and Varane will play ahead of him.
Anyhow, i am happy that we are bot in for him as a normal CB

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

i understand that Mikel is willing to go to 40, but why would ManU do that crazy business for him to be a CB i cant understand at all.
It's a devilish ploy from Van der Sar and United to get Arsenal overpay for a midget LCB.

Would need some Overmars there.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I wouldnt mind but i guess United will actually get him and i find that weird for that price without the "inverted fullback"-plan
Absolutely. That's why I tagged @UnitedBeard to the question to explain their project and squad building.

But sadly he didn't answer, because no one understands their squad building.

They just lost Greenwood, Pogba. Likely Ronaldo.

Varane has been bust, and Maguire is what is.

De Jong wants to stay at Barcelona.

At least Martial is back.

Are they planning to play Malacia and Martinez at the left side together at some point? There are many questions about how United plans to use him, or is he just a midget LCB to replace the giant.

BIoodBrother

Absolutely. That's why I tagged @UnitedBeard to the question to explain their project and squad building.

Are they planning to play Malacia and Martinez at the left side together at some point?
Isnt Greenwood cleared and back?

sdotzdot

Established Member
You absolutely cannot play this tiny man at CB in the PL, won’t work.

Reckon he would come in to hop around between LB and DM as 2-4-1 quality cover for the glass players that are Tierney and Partey. Possibly even eventually displacing one of them from the starting XI.

Finding cover for those two is absolutely essential as their injuries cost us top 4, and they will continue to be injured regularly because that’s who they are. Can we find cover for both of them in this window? Don’t think so - Martinez would solve this issue with just him.

When you think about it like that, 25m euros per position is pretty cheap ;)

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc

Are they planning to play Malacia and Martinez at the left side together at some point? There are many questions about how United plans to use him, or is he just a midget LCB to replace the giant.
This is Martinez’s thread. I don’t want to answer something related to united in general as it’s irrelevant in this thread. You have to ask the question in united thread. :lol:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If you guys had to choose. You have one nipple or three. Either are freak, but which one is worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom