• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lisandro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halcyon Daze

The worrying thing is that Chelsea would rather sign Ake, who is average at best for the same fee and United are interested in him.
Ake isn’t average at best. He was excellent at Bournemouth and hasn’t shown his true potential at City mainly due to game time. He’s 27 and I’d take him over White instantly. It’s Chelsea DNA to let quality go cheap and buy them back at double the price.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I’m not saying he’s good in the air but the guy shows he’s smart enough to know how to handle his weakness in aerial duel. If Blind was capable to play CB under LVG in PL then Lisandro Martinez would be fine in PL.

View attachment 7603

View attachment 7604

I'd say the stats show he clearly is good in the air. He must have a very good leap, timing and bravery. If you have a DCL or CR7 you probably put your taller CB man marking him instead. Still I remember a 6'0 Vermaelan bossing 6'5 Andy Carroll on crosses and set pieces. In theory it should be easier to make defensive headers than attacking headers.

It reminds me of a funny story. Gary Linekar said he was told by Bobby Robson 'mark Bryan Robson for set pieces, he doesn't really come up for corners'. Gary said he did as instructed, Bryan came up for the corner and scored with a header. He asked Bryan 'I thought you didn't come up for corners'. To which he got the reply 'I will do if you're marking me'

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I just don’t see how he pushes the needle. The last 3 seasons we’ve consistently not scored enough goals! Now there’s another reason for that…but ffs we need to be addressing that in the transfer market too

Another season with the same goal tally and trust me it’ll turn sour around here.
We bid like £50m for Raphinha. It would be really weird to do that and then not sign another attacker.

Halcyon Daze

I'd say the stats show he clearly is good in the air. He must have a very good leap, timing and bravery. If you have a DCL or CR7 you probably put your taller CB man marking him instead. Still I remember a 6'0 Vermaelan bossing 6'5 Andy Carroll on crosses and set pieces. In theory it should be easier to make defensive headers than attacking headers.

It reminds me of a funny story. Gary Linekar said he was told by Bobby Robson 'mark Bryan Robson for set pieces, he doesn't really come up for corners'. Gary said he did as instructed, Bryan came up for the corner and scored with a header. He asked Bryan 'I thought you didn't come up for corners'. To which he got the reply 'I will do if you're marking me'
Tim Cahill. Elite in the air.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
I'm not confident at all this bloke would rather play for an unexperienced manager than reunite with the guy who got the best out of him at Ajax.. It's one of those long shots isn't it

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Chris Wheeler saying United have won the race..
Feels like it's time to quit watching football honestly what is this bs. From becoming sub top to this. It's like you can only take hits supporting this club.

Halcyon Daze

Feels like it's time to quit watching football honestly what is this bs. From becoming sub top to this. It's like you can only take hits supporting this club.
Get a f**cking grip. Everyone knew this days ago, we tried we failed. It is what it is. We move. Jesus Christ, talk about drama.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Get a f**cking grip. Everyone knew this days ago, we tried we failed. It is what it is. We move. Jesus Christ, talk about drama.
Meant the TP stuff that makes me want to quit this club. But I'm just sensitive rn ignore it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom