• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lisandro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodbather

Established Member

So, are we Manchester City? I think we should attempt to walk before we run. Are many teams playing the same or is this uniquely Manchester City?

Keep in mind that he will still need to defend wide. Then what?
Whether we can emulate City is irrelevant to the argument. The point is that inverted full-back is a clearly defined role, and not at all a nebulous term like you claimed.

I'll still answer your other question though, it's commonly used by managers who like a 2-3-5 setup in attack while having cover for the counter. Mancini used it with Italy in Euro 2020, using Di Lorenzo as an inverted full-back. Bielsa used it with the Chilean national team and Leeds.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
I’ve never bought a player, but I’m trying to buy a house. made a reasonable offer some time ago but the owner is holding out for more. Can’t see anyone willing to match his asking price though - it’s just overpriced for the market and while all round it’s a good property it’s not really exceptional in any particular quality. Think I’ll hold out and save my self a few quid.

There is someone likely to match that price while we keep going around the house like some kind of creepy stalker.

It's quite obvious at this point Ajax won't budge, both this guy and Antony are frustrated and they don't care at all about it

REWB

After watching him more and more im just not a fan of his slow recovery pace. I dont mind the height but if you're slow aswell that's a big no no. Im sick and tired of having slow defenders playing for arsenal. I think we have pulled out and gone on to better targets. 40m is too much for this guy.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The latest update from today was that Ajax haven't accepted any bids yet because Ajax still holding for 50m. The player want leave.

I didn't even bother to post it because it's same from week ago

TopGunner81

After watching him more and more im just not a fan of his slow recovery pace. I dont mind the height but if you're slow aswell that's a big no no. Im sick and tired of having slow defenders playing for arsenal. I think we have pulled out and gone on to better targets. 40m is too much for this guy.
Agreed! After watching his YouTube vids thought he looked great, but the more I think about it, his lack of height and pace would make him a huge gamble on if he could adapt to the premier league and for the money Ajax are asking we could bring in someone more suited I feel

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
The reality is he could turn out to be another Torreira. Living & playing in the Netherlands would mean he ok with climate etc, but still might not adjust to English football..

Or he could go the other way & be amazing.

£50 mil seems a bit large, but transfer fees are fairly meaningless these days. I'd rather we go for Zinchenko.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
The reality is he could turn out to be another Torreira. Living & playing in the Netherlands would mean he ok with climate etc, but still might not adjust to English football..

Or he could go the other way & be amazing.

£50 mil seems a bit large, but transfer fees are fairly meaningless these days. I'd rather we go for Zinchenko.
He looks like a better footballer than Torreira and it's looking more and more like we have an opening at the 6 position, but it would be interesting to know people's thoughts on his qualities as a 6, or if we should be looking elsewhere for that.

No idea about his passing profile and press resistance, and given he's played most of his games as a CB can only ask what Dutch fans who are more familiar with him think.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
He looks like a better footballer than Torreira and it's looking more and more like we have an opening at the 6 position, but it would be interesting to know people's thoughts on his qualities as a 6, or if we should be looking elsewhere for that.

No idea about his passing profile and press resistance, and given he's played most of his games as a CB can only ask what Dutch fans who are more familiar with him think.
It's only my uninformed personal opinion, but he looks tailor made for central midfield to me, much more so than CB or LB even. Very press resistant and can carry and dribble; amazing passing range, reads the game well, good ball winner and good in the air. He's basically like the Argentine Kalvin Phillips.

Of course, the inconvenient truth is that he's mostly played as a Centre Back so this is mostly theory and guesswork.

REWB

It's only my uninformed personal opinion, but he looks tailor made for central midfield to me, much more so than CB or LB when even. Very press resistant and can carry and dribble; amazing passing range, reads the game well, good ball winner and good in the air. He's basically like the Argentine Kalvin Phillips.
But even Ten Hag says he's not very good in the DM position.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Yeah fair enough, I think he was playing in the middle before he got moved back - but yeah, the inconvenient truth is that he's currently a CB

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
If that's true, that makes sense, I think this pursuit well pre-dated the he-who-shall-not-be-named likely incident, and in that moment we had Elneny and Lokonga backing up the 6, and this player was clearly looked at for LB and backing up LCB.

I guess we'll probably be looking elsewhere at 6, then, should it come to that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It look we chasing Messi not some LB or cb from Holland. Still choosing a teams isn't a problem here it's Ajax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom