• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loïc Rémy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal_FAN1983

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2744699/Gunners-eye-new-Thierry.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... ierry.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks really good on the ball and has an eye for goal. Lets get him!

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Re: Loic Remy - The next Thierry Henry

14 mill indeed! At least he's over 6ft if Wikipedia's to be believed. Reading through the various links you have to wonder whether it's more of a case of he being interested in us as opposed to us chasing him.

stiiphunn

Established Member

I like him a lot. And I wouldn't be surprised if Wenger did too. Tall, quick, good on the ball, and very elegant when he runs with the ball.

Proof

Established Member

His profile looks good. I would rather go for him than Chamakh.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I haven't seen enough of him to judge. How quick is he? What's his apparent level of football intelligence? Is he any good in the air? How composed is he in front of goal?

MAK 14

Established Member

The next Thierry Henry. How many times have we heard that before?

But yeah, he does look a really good prospect. Very quick and good on the ball. Looks pretty good in the air too.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Thought Gouffran was the next Thierry or was that David Bellion?! don't think we will be splashing out on any unproven strikers to be honest.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot

:lol:

Hmm...

The next Henry.... :? :roll:

Thommybhoy

Established Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://goonertalk.com/2010/01/22/wenger-admits-striker-desire-as-agent-reveals-remy-contact/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://goonertalk.com/2010/01/22/wenger ... y-contact/</a>

Not much of a link, but at least we will know soon...
I kinda have a good feeling here.

Segway

Thommybhoy said:
http://goonertalk.com/2010/01/22/wenger-admits-striker-desire-as-agent-reveals-remy-contact/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not much of a link, but at least we will know soon...
I kinda have a good feeling here.

That's interesting. The chief executive the agent is referring to could very well be Gazidis. Arsenal want to keep their transfer business under a tight lid and have probably informed him not to reveal anything about us being involved hence his mysterious comments. I don't know much about the player but if Wenger thinks he's good enough I'm as excited as anyone.

Thommybhoy

Established Member

Before anybody starts to speak bad of him just remember Sagna and Vermaelen were also similar age and quite unknown when they joined us.
This guy has a NT cap for France.
I heared he is really good. Also down there in comments somebody says AW missed that training cause he was on flight to Paris.
On transfermarkt they only have him linked to us and media apperently specifically asked the guy "is it Arsenal?" when he told them what he had, so media also think it could be us...

dave_rwr

Established Member

Someone in the lobby posted the text from the article:

Loic Remy’s agent has revealed that the French frontman will leave Lille in the next 48 hours — and he didn’t rule out Arsenal as a possible destination.

The 23-year-old, like many prospects in his homeland, has been earmarked as ‘the new Thierry Henry’ and admittedly does have similar qualities to the former Gunner including blistering pace.

“Fiorentina and AC Milan? If they are interested they have to hurry up because in the next 48 hours, the deal could be done with another team, which isn’t Italian, said his agent Frederic Guerra.

“The Chief Executive of the club [who are interested] just called me and there’s an agreement. Is it Arsenal? I cannot comment about names or give any information about the country [of the interested team].”

Remy certainly fits the bill for Arsenal who are desperate for a goal-getting targetman in the absence of Danish striker Nicklas Bendtner. Gunners boss Arsène Wenger hasn’t ruled out buying a striker either, telling reporters today that anything is possible.

“It is very difficult in January to find players who are available for the Champions League, who are just good enough to play forArsenal and at the right price. You never know, but at the moment it is unlikely [that we will sign a striker].

“To buy more strikers would mean that to give them a chance to play you have to change the system. The system at the moment suits some players and the team very well. It raises many question, not only the investment potential but the whole balance of the squad.”

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

Never heard of him.

Come on you FM muppets. Is he good there? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom