• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loïc Rémy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't understand why people get questioning why we didn't sign him earlier. We were probably waiting for bigger targets. Do you really expect Wenger to have Giroud, Sanogo, Alexis, (Theo), other ST and Remy as CF options.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
DanDare said:
Wenger plays this on repeat whilst in his office

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XxAlkalYyk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XxAlkalYyk</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Naah mate, Arsène doesn't rate any of these three idiots. :lol:

arshy9

Established Member
Penn_ said:
I don't understand why people get questioning why we didn't sign him earlier. We were probably waiting for bigger targets. Do you really expect Wenger to have Giroud, Sanogo, Alexis, (Theo), other ST and Remy as CF options.
Waited for someone to say this.

We were fishing for bigger targets and I believe AW is a bit hesitant to sign a player for the next few years who wouldn't change the squad as he wants a player who's head and shoulders above what we have.
It's one of the reasons we were scrambling for loans last summer.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
We used to be known for at least having amazing strikers from Wright, Anelka, Kanu, Adebayor (let's be honest on his day) Van Persie and of course Bergkamp and Henry the very pinnacle.

It all started going wrong with Chamakh, and then Giroud and now we don't know what the f**k we're doing let's be honest. It pains me to think how good we'd be if we had RVP heading this current side. When I look at Costa going to Chelsea for £32 million...it looks like we've mismanaged another transfer window with the same glaring weaknesses right down the spine of the team. Two days left of course

Sam the Duck

Suave Gooner89 said:
So we're linked with him since the end of last season, have 3 months to sign him, do nothing, but after Chelsea are in for him we launch a bid at the eleventh hour?

Typical. Reeks of ineptitude and desperation.

If Wenger really wants to get another attacking player I assume that we are in for high profile players such as Cavani, Falcao, Benzema or even Reus. All the clubs are playing Poker though and moves will happen very late.

When Redknapp announced that Chelsea activated the clause my first thought was "damn, there goes our 9pm deadline day backup", so I am not surprised that we are now trying to delay Remy's transfer to Chelsea.

It has nothing to do with ineptitude but with getting the best players for the money we have.

arshy9

Established Member
David Ornstein @bbcsport_david
#AFC haven't met Remy release clause but are in conversations with #QPR about rivalling #CFC for him - IF they let a forward go #bbcfootball

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david
#AFC haven't met Remy release clause but are in conversations with #QPR about rivalling #CFC for him - IF they let a forward go #bbcfootball

Even BBC journalists can't get things right about Arsenal these days 2 days ago Ornstein said we won't sign CF today we are in conversation with Qpr about Remy.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Who gives a **** if Liverpool and ourselves rejected him previously? We've f*cked up, we more than likely held out for a big elite striker and that's why we weren't in for Immobile, Mandzukic etc. who weren't inspiring but undoubtedly would have improved us, now we're left with the leftovers. I'd much rather we sign a striker than sit on our stubborn arses doing nothing just because we want to stick to our 'plan'. Two wrongs don't make a right, we need to settle for something.

Whatever about the Liverpool/Chelsea situation, he improves our options. He's a proven goalscorer in the league, he actually runs in behind and he's an alternative to our other options. And most importantly, we've only got one fit genuine CF so we're ****ing desperate.

seanb85

Ummmm so we're expecting Remy to wait on us to get our house in order and keep the Chelsea deal on ice in case we get rid of a forward? But then if we don't get rid of anyone, Remy stays at QPR?

LOL

We should just loan them Campbell. Let him get some premier league experience under his belt

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
yousif_arsenal said:

Even BBC journalists can't get things right about Arsenal these days 2 days ago Ornstein said we won't sign CF today we are in conversation with Qpr about Remy.

Well Wenger said everything they do will be top secret so I guess that excludes all journalists, even Ornstein. In fact every football section of all the top sources has less about Arsenal then any other top PL club and I think we are right to do it that way. Tomorrow will be interesting as we will be signing at least 1 player maybe more! :)

Caz19

CurryFlavoured said:
Who gives a **** if Liverpool and ourselves rejected him previously? We've f*cked up, we more than likely held out for a big elite striker and that's why we weren't in for Immobile, Mandzukic etc. who weren't inspiring but undoubtedly would have improved us, now we're left with the leftovers. I'd much rather we sign a striker than sit on our stubborn arses doing nothing just because we want to stick to our 'plan'. Two wrongs don't make a right, we need to settle for something.

Whatever about the Liverpool/Chelsea situation, he improves our options. He's a proven goalscorer in the league, he actually runs in behind and he's an alternative to our other options. And most importantly, we've only got one fit genuine CF so we're ******* desperate.

I agree, and next season if we want a top striker, we can sell Podolski and use his wages and space in the squad. Loic can be effectively Poldi's replacement since he can also play on the left wing.

seanb85

Caz19 said:
CurryFlavoured said:

Whatever about the Liverpool/Chelsea situation, he improves our options. He's a proven goalscorer in the league, he actually runs in behind and he's an alternative to our other options. And most importantly, we've only got one fit genuine CF so we're ******* desperate.

I agree, and next season if we want a top striker, we can sell Podolski and use his wages and space in the squad. Loic can be effectively Poldi's replacement since he can also play on the left wing.

Double agree. Said it a few posts back...

And I know opinion on here is divided about Remy, but if we were to get rid of Podolski and bring in Remy, it's definitely an upgrade as he can play CF and he can also play on the wing and get in behind defences. He's got the pace to do so...

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
#AFC have dropped Remy interest. Enquired but no longer pursuing. Currently not close to any signings before deadline #QPR #CFC #bbcfootball

If we don't sign CM or CB the Arsenal fans will go mad we are seriously short at the back and lack good DM.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Makes me think who our striker targets actually were, and failed on.

I cant think of anyone else, and completely discount Cavani and Falcao. Those two are just too far out our league.

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
yousif_arsenal said:
#AFC have dropped Remy interest. Enquired but no longer pursuing. Currently not close to any signings before deadline #QPR #CFC #bbcfootball

If we don't sign CM or CB the Arsenal fans will go mad we are seriously short at the back and lack good DM.

Me after the window

da30800e36c7d546c8ed36284c0f3e82

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
yousif_arsenal said:

Ornstein knows nothing! I wasnt referring to a CF anyway but we will get a DM & or CB. If he seriously thinks we are not close to any signings then he has been fed that by Arsenal, it doesnt mean its true! :)

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
You need a contingency plan. I believe that AW was willing to spend big on a CF but it didn't come off, now we've got a cheap alternative and we're still turning turning our nose up at it even when our most recognised striker is injured. I really can't understand this unless there's another alternative lined up, but according to Ornstein we're happy with what we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom