• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loïc Rémy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
yousif_arsenal said:
David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david
#AFC have dropped Remy interest. Enquired but no longer pursuing. Currently not close to any signings before deadline #QPR #CFC #bbcfootball

If we don't sign CM or CB the Arsenal fans will go mad we are seriously short at the back and lack good DM.

No CB would be unforgivable for me. I can see where Wenger's coming from if we don't get a DM as we've at least got sufficient numbers in that position, but going into a gruelling 50-60 game campaign with two (!) recognized CB's would be sheer madness.

Charisma

It's a ******* joke if that quote by Ornstein is legit. Loic Remy would have been perfect for us as a short term option especially with the rumoured clause in his contract. Last season, Remy scored 14 goals in 26 apps in the PL for Newcastle, in a set up like ours I could see Remy easily hitting the 20 goal mark. To be honest, I would definitely prefer signing Remy than a reject like Cerci, who probably would not even get a game here.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

CB AND CM are the minimum I expect.

Not ****ing good enough if we sign one or neither.

Gervais

Established Member
The other day Ornstein said we weren't signing a striker but would get a DM, then earlier he says we're interested in Remy and now he says we're not signing anyone :lol:

He doesn't have a ****ing clue, his source at the club is selling him dreams. We'll sign somebody, don't worry.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah if anything all this does is show Ornstein up, he's gone from one extreme to the other over our transfer policy in the last few days.

First, we're signing a CM and CB, then a CM/CB, then we don't want a striker, then we suddenly want Remy, then we don't want Remy and now we're not signing anyone.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yeah Ornstein has been blabbering a lot lately without real substance and keeps back-tracking a lot. It seems as though whatever he tweeted was based on whatever Wenger was saying in press-conferences more than anything else.... and possibly when he heard some Remy news he frantically rang up someone at Arsenal to get confirmation.

I've no doubt we'll sign good defensive reinforcement at the very least, with the "very least" being someone who could play both roles.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It's ****ing simple, he tweets what he gets told by his Arsenal source.

He only tweets what he's told.

Sam the Duck

Eduardo_da_Silva said:
His tweets are not logical if Remy has a clause, than why would we enquire wit Qpr? And then drop our interest half an hour later?

We probably heard his wage demands. Remy is not a short term solution because he is nearly impossible to sell.

Buhry

Established Member

yousif_arsenal said:
David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david
#AFC have dropped Remy interest. Enquired but no longer pursuing. Currently not close to any signings before deadline #QPR #CFC #bbcfootball

If we don't sign CM or CB the Arsenal fans will go mad we are seriously short at the back and lack good DM.

3okyxy.jpg

ModelGooner

Harambe Loyalist
There comes a point where you've got to put the teams needs before sell on potential etc. I can't think of another striker with Remy's skillset available right now. Pay the £8.5m, offer the £75k a week he wants and be done with the ****ing thing.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'm not the negative type when it comes to Arsenal but 30 hours before the window is due to close and we haven't replaced our seriously injured starting CF, haven't replaced Vermaelen or an aging Arteta who got massacred at times last season.

Poor summer, I have doubts with Wenger now, I thought once he had money there would be no stone left unturned.

Toast

Established Member
David Ornstein @bbcsport_david · 2 hours

#AFC had no plans to sign striker. Then seemed 1 may go so asked about Remy as replacement. But now staying so interest dropped & as we were

Mystery solved...

Additionally, the release clause is apparently 10.5 million pounds, not 8.5.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

We went in too late as Chelsea already sealed the deal. Why didnt we make a move as soon as Giroud got injured?

Toast

Established Member
Jasard said:
We went in too late as Chelsea already sealed the deal. Why didnt we make a move as soon as Giroud got injured?

It's because we didn't want him.... Like Ornstein said: we looked at him when it looked like someone was off. They didn't leave so we ended our interest. He was never in the picture as a Giroud backup or replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom