• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Looking closer to home players wise.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ben Godfrey is going to be a top player, not sure if you can sign him with Saliba on his way though.

Been linked with Sp**s.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
In my opinion for the team to actually improve (within budget reason) we need to be looking more at the teams around us and below us in the league and hunting for those players who have another level in them.

They have the experience of the league and wont be just joining Arsenal for the money or for London but to actually make a step up in their career and for them to prove themselves at a bigger team. Even stake their claim for national sides.

The below names are super unglamorous but what I believe is these players below could be affordable additions and 1 or 2 of them could help improve the team.

Jack Stephens (soton)
James Tarkwoski (burn)
John Egan (sheff)
Declan Rice (w ham)
Dwight McNeill (burn).

I get they may not appear world beaters but could they add and improve our structure and team. 1 or 2 of them yes. Would they come to Arsenal. Yes. Would they see it as a big challenge and to improve. I believe so.

Anyone else have any other names? I think we really need abit of toughness. I'm not going to say British-ness as but abit of identity. A different attitude maybe.

For me I would take Rice and Tarkowski all day over 2 obscure foreign players. Would they cost more? Yes. Maybe 60m would buy them both. But you gain valuable experience and they are good players. Better than what we have. Perfect ages and I believe they both have another level in them.

They also wouldnt be needing such high salaries as they would be recieving a lot less where they are.
Rice? Seriously?

He's bang average?

I see a lot of people have bought into this hype

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The media in this country hype every English player and fans like @14Henry buy into it and make these kind of threads.

Declan Rice is better than what we have. Very simple. No hype. Just the obvious but a few cant see it because they only use this forum to troll. No decent conversation or rational thinking.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Declan Rice is better than what we have. Very simple. No hype. Just the obvious but a few cant see it because they only use this forum to troll. No decent conversation or rational thinking.
For all of Xhaka's fault, I'd take him over Rice.

Besides, for an average player, he'd cost a fortune.

We should steer clear.

We should be looking for massive upgrade not buying the new media darling. Not long ago, the Media was sucking off that bum Harry Winks. How did that turn out?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Ben Godfrey is going to be a top player, not sure if you can sign him with Saliba on his way though.

Been linked with Sp**s.
You watch him yesterday? Lost everything in the air. Still young though, promising.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
For all of Xhaka's fault, I'd take him over Rice.

Besides, for an average player, he'd cost a fortune.

We should steer clear.

We should be looking for massive upgrade not buying the new media darling. Not long ago, the Media was sucking off that bum Harry Winks. How did that turn out?

Na mate Declan Rice is a half decent defensive midfielder better than what he have. You dont have to agree but when hes at a better team in the next few years and doing well you will see.

Either way our midfield is arguable one of the worst in the league. No skills structure or intensity.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Keown told us to sign Maguire from Hull, would’ve cost 5M. Our scouts had a look and said he’s not mobile enough.

Brighton quoted us 35-40M for Lewis Dunk 2/3 years ago apparently, looking back it probably would’ve been worth it given we spent that on Sokratis, Luiz and Mari.

Manberg

Predator
I wanted Maddison but that was before his price blew up. I don't rate Rice or Grealish.

Would be happy to look for lower league centre backs or full backs but they'd have to be good on the ball. It's going to be an experiment though. Jenkinson, Chambers and Holding haven't quite worked out.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Keown told us to sign Maguire from Hull, would’ve cost 5M. Our scouts had a look and said he’s not mobile enough.

Brighton quoted us 35-40M for Lewis Dunk 2/3 years ago apparently, looking back it probably would’ve been worth it given we spent that on Sokratis, Luiz and Mari.

It's an arrogance. Theres no other reason for it. Harry Maguire at 5m is nothing. We have dropped 5 millions all over the show in the past for players without a problem. All foreign but.

mpower2540

I think you’re playing a hugely dangerous game going for players lower down/in and around you. Rice is neat and tidy but is he a substantial upgrade on Xhaka? He’d also cost a lot of money and I don’t think he offers enough to justify it, he’s not that much better than Guendouzi imo. Tarkowski plays in a Burnley team that don’t leave their CB’s exposed and don’t ask them to play the ball out from the back either, he doesn’t suit the way Arteta wants to play. I doubt he’d come cheap either.

If we’re gonna go down that route we need to go for players that fix our issues and can fit into how we want to play. Ake is a good shout but there aren’t that many that spring to mind. Last thing we need is accommodating a bunch of 6th to 10th players because that’s where we’ll end up

Malky

Established Member
Rice would be an incredible waste of money, I fail to see what the hype is about, except the fact he's English.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

I wanted Maddison but that was before his price blew up. I don't rate Rice or Grealish.

Would be happy to look for lower league centre backs or full backs but they'd have to be good on the ball. It's going to be an experiment though. Jenkinson, Chambers and Holding haven't quite worked out.

Holding has worked in as much as we should get 10x what we paid for him.

This is how we should do it. Take gambles on players you might not keep but at least make money on.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Anyone rate Kalvin Phillips? Impressed me the few times I've seen Leeds this season and obviously he was brilliant against us in the cup. Seems far more mobile than Xhaka in front of the defence.
EDIT - Just seen he was mentioned earlier in thread.

mpower2540

Yeah, thank god we paid double for Sokratis, and double for Luiz, and triple for Mari.
Don’t get me wrong I think they’re **** business too. Maguire would have and still would be crap in our set up. I just have nightmares of asking him to defend the large areas of space we leave. For 5m fair enough but I doubt he’d have faired any better than any of our other CB’s.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I think you’re playing a hugely dangerous game going for players lower down/in and around you. Rice is neat and tidy but is he a substantial upgrade on Xhaka? He’d also cost a lot of money and I don’t think he offers enough to justify it, he’s not that much better than Guendouzi imo. Tarkowski plays in a Burnley team that don’t leave their CB’s exposed and don’t ask them to play the ball out from the back either, he doesn’t suit the way Arteta wants to play. I doubt he’d come cheap either.

If we’re gonna go down that route we need to go for players that fix our issues and can fit into how we want to play. Ake is a good shout but there aren’t that many that spring to mind. Last thing we need is accommodating a bunch of 6th to 10th players because that’s where we’ll end up

So where does a team 9th in the PL with limited funds sign players from?

Top Bottom