• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Looking closer to home players wise.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I couldn't disagree more, the Premier League market is vastly overpriced and overrated, there is no value in it any more since the last TV deal. The value is outside of the top 5 leagues, the Championship, Scotland, Holland, Switzerland, Portugal etc. Look at Tierney and Chilwell, I actually think Tierney is the better player but cost £25 m where Chilwell is being talked about as a £70-80 m player.

The trouble is it is much harder to judge players ability in weaker leagues, just how good they really are and if they can make the step up. I think you need exceptional scouts to do well in these markets, Wolves for example have built the majority of their squad from weaker leagues,

Jimenez, Boly, Neves, Jota, Neto, Patricio - Portugal
Podence -Greece
Dendonker - Belgium
Traore, Kilman, Norris, Ruddy - Championship and below

I really hope that Edu can use his knowledge of Brazil to find us some bargains. Martinelli has bags of potential for peanuts and Mari looks a very solid squad player for less than £10 m.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I just think Arsenal fans in particular need to stop being obsessed over buying world class for peanuts. These days with everyone being informed and having funds themselves you kinda have to pay up, there's no magic like Arteta said.

I'm not a fan of passport watching either there are plenty of British lads who don't like rain and are p*ssies, that's not restricted to any particular continent. I cringe whenever I see "the british way" or whatever its nonsense.

Not signing enough prem tested or championship players is a valid point, we should definitely explore it more when affordable or with thorough scouting.

Jae

Think we need to be pillaging the best players from the relegation fodder teams to be fair.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I’m guessing we’re handing out 3 year deals to free 32 year olds like Willian tbh, if money is as tight as is being made out.

Arteta has been crying for a week in public now, so something is up.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Who’s our Wijnaldum and Mane then?

Richarlison, Jota, Neto, Traore are all out of reach.

£100m on Grealish and ASM for example would be twice the outlay Liverpool made.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Who’s our Wijnaldum and Mane then?

Richarlison, Jota, Neto, Traore are all out of reach.

£100m on Grealish and ASM for example would be twice the outlay Liverpool made.
What about our Joe Gomez then? I’m sure we can find one or two of those. Or Jordan Henderson.

Jae

If Bournemouth and Villa go down with Norwich I'd take a punt on any of the following:

Cantwell
Ake
Mings
Grealish (pricey)

I'd take a punt in Doucoure if Watford go down.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If Bournemouth and Villa go down with Norwich I'd take a punt on any of the following:

Cantwell
Ake
Mings
Grealish (pricey)

Cantwell is interesting. For me he’s the next level down from a Grealish/Maddison. He’s good technically but doesn’t have much end product. Basically Iwobi.

Also seems a bit of a tit with his hair and celebrations.

Reactions: Jae

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Cantwell
Ake
Mings
Grealish (pricey)

EcpbS_JX0AIb3OW

...typed his name into Twitter, and saw a tweet saying how he looks like Amy Adams...can't unsee that now :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I like Cantwell myself. He will be back in the prem for sure.

Reactions: Jae

Shalmaneser V

Players I would take a punt on if the price was right:

Grealish (Villa) (AM)
Buendia (Norwich) (AM)
Godfrey (Norwich) (CB)
Saint-Maximin (Newcastle) (LW)
Ndidi (Leicester) (DM)
McNeil (Burnley) (LW)
Gomes (Man Utd) (AM)
Neves (Wolves) (CM)
Berge (Sheff Utd) (DM)