• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lovin' The Arse...

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
First thread on here, might as well make it about how I became a fan (love a little nostalgia after all!)

Started to get into football when I was around 8, and the first Arsenal moment I can remember is Henry's goal against United in 2000...remember at the time being quite shocked at how he scored from where he was, amazing goal...loved everything about Titi, the coolest player I have ever seen...after that game, started following the team, and started to love this great club.

Interested to see how everyone else fell in love with Arsenal...family/friends/player/match/video games etc...please share?

Or you could just leave me alone in here, looking like a right ****...fine either way...

Vantastico

Props to the mod who gave you that tag. :lol:

Personally, I fell in love with The Arse' through 6'o clock Sunday-evening English football highlights on Dutch cable telly, which were a minute long at best. Kind of a random and disappointing backstory, but it's true.

The first clear memory I have of watching a game is the 2006 UCL Final against Barça. I mean, I know I have seen the semi-final legs against Villareal in that same year, but those memories have become cloudy and faded.

The heartbreak I felt when Belletti scored I will take with me to the grave, though.

Last edited:

cannel

I watched the CL semi-final 2nd-leg loss against United in 2009. The one where Almunia let in a C. Ronaldo free kick from the half way line and Gibbs gifted the opener. I felt so bad for that team in red and thought they clearly needed my support.

thierrytheking14

My uncle bought me an Arsenal shirt when I was 10 with Limpar's name on the back. Still have it to this day. Been a fan for 30 years since...
image1-1-517x780.jpg

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
My uncle bought me an Arsenal shirt when I was 10 with Limpar's name on the back. Still have it to this day. Been a fan for 30 years since...
image1-1-517x780.jpg

I remember going to Windsor Safari park, years before it became Lego Land. We were watching the Dolphin display (obviously I dont agree with that now) and sitting in the row ahead of me was Anders Limpar and his family. He was in his prime Arsenal years but I was dumbstruck and couldn't even say hello. Very exciting player in his day!

Bloodbather

Established Member

For the Arse, 2003-04 was the first season I started watching football on TV on a regular basis, and Premier League was the only one available on national TV. Watching Arsenal for a few weeks, I was instantly hooked, owing mainly to one Thierry Henry, though I also loved Patrick Vieira. Obviously, that season went on to be the Invincibles season and I was fortunate enough to watch every single game during that run - and though I was only 7 years old, the memories are still firmly embedded. I even specifically remember where I was when I watched Henry destroy Leeds United. Talk about starting on a high note. I bought an Arsenal shirt next year and many of my childhood pictures at picnics and such feature me in that blue kit the team wore in 04-05, with Henry's name written on it, of course.

As for the arse, that was a year prior to the aforementioned story - when I watched, as a six year old, a hot Turkish singer display her voluptous behind in quite spectacular fashion in the music video for a dance-pop tune. Definitely was lovin' the arse from there on out.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
FIFA 2005 with that 5 star Arsenal team, Henry had the highest overall of 97:drool:
Not the real reason but still it’s a fond memory I have. Used to score hat-trick with Henry in like every match.

(Btw AC Milan were the only other 5 star team, look at us both now:(
There were 3 more 5 star players
Zidane-95
Van Nistelrooy-96, which is laughable considering how limited he was
Buffon-97)

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Can’t believed no one tagged rich after seeing the title.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom