• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Pérez: Is he back again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

As for "bland" players he was desperate to sign Luis Suarez ffs, he signed Alexis too and talked about his admiration for Costa.
Agree with this but at some point you have to look at the kind of personalities he used to have and compare it to the squad he has now.

Surely that can't all be down to missing it on players. Over a sample size of what 20+ players in our current squad that were all brought here by him? There has to be some design there.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

What is this rubbish? Campbell, pretty boys etc. Campbell couldn't get into a pub team.

Wenger doesn't like the Lucas types but he spent 20M on him? We research the player on and off the pitch before signing him.

Wenger wanted Suarez when no one on this forum wanted the "racist animal". But Wenger had him researched and described him an "angel" and "model professional" off the field.

I know you're down on Wenger and a new fan, but you're posting nonsense.

What about Xhaka? Hardly Mr Bland? Oh, but he's a "pretty boy". Ok.
"Campbell couldn't get into a pub team." LOL! I recall one of the "pub" teams he has played for winning a certain group in the 2014 WC. We might have a certain number of players that are "pub" team standard but it sure isn't Campbell...

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Lord knows how ****/fat this guy must be to not get a kick during this season of all seasons. :lol:

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Bit similar to Cho Young Park or whatever his name was. Last minute panic buy and not going to be given much of a chance.

skip spence

What a waste of money if so.

Arsenal go on and on about having to spend their money carefully to compete with the big clubs, and then we go and spunk £18m for a 6 month backup option?

Why not just give those 10 appearances to a youth? Or keep Campbell? Or bring someone in on loan? Or actually buy someone who's good enough to start for us?
Mm.

And let's not forget that Welbeck himself was bought as an emergency stand-in to then injured Olivier Giroud.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Remember back in the summer? We were desperate for a CB and ST, we were relieved when the club decided to snap up Mustafi and Lucas for a combined £50m.

Bet you the club wish they'd kept their wallet shut, I do.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

No idea why Perez doesn't get a game in the PL. Was he not a Wenger purchase ?

I bet you he was a Gazidis purchase. Has to be. No other explanation.

I'm going to paraphrase a little here but Gunnerblog mentioned that the scouting report on Lucas (second hand info) from the club was that he wasn't at the level required to be a Champions League player and that he was more suited to mid-table PL clubs. This was prior to the Vardy deal falling through, and then when it looked like we weren't going to sign a striker (again), we hijack Everton at the last minute to snatch Lucas off them.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Remember back in the summer? We were desperate for a CB and ST, we were relieved when the club decided to snap up Mustafi and Lucas for a combined £50m.

Bet you the club wish they'd kept their wallet shut, I do.

Mustafi got a 8/10 rating from you not so long ago :lol:

Aevi

Hale End FC
Mustafi was a fine buy imo, but the Perez signing boggles my mind. We had Campbell, a solid squad player, and replaced him with Perez, who is playing the role of a solid squad player. Not sure what the point was, it's money wasted that could have gone towards a bigger player or another position.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Well this is incredibly speculative. Earlier this season Wenger said he was interested in signing Costa from Atletico, but didn't think he would realistically consider a move at that time, and had he known he would have pushed harder to sign him.

that he even considered that should have been a clear grounds for him being sacked

biggest cvnt in football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom