• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Pérez: Is he back again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Mustafi was a fine buy imo, but the Perez signing boggles my mind. We had Campbell, a solid squad player, and replaced him with Perez, who is playing the role of a solid squad player. Not sure what the point was, it's money wasted that could have gone towards a bigger player or another position.

It's not mind boggling at all, Perez was signed as a CF option but Sanchez has kept him out.

Campbell was a pub player, was never a solid squaddy.

dillonh

Campbell produced for us in his limited game time and I was a fan. Not seen too many attacking performances this season from an arsenal player that could stack up to what he produced away at Olympiacos in lets be honest a massive game for what we are now (a mediocre outfit). His pass at Anfield would also stand out among what we've mustered in big games this season.

Also I'm aware i'm probably being incredibly petty but i've had enough of the likes of Lucas and Shkodran displaying fervent support for ex-clubs on social media with the kind of passion sorely lacking in their displays in arsenal red. You loved it there so much how about you **** off back there.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It's not mind boggling at all, Perez was signed as a CF option but Sanchez has kept him out.

Campbell was a pub player, was never a solid squaddy.
Or he was signed in panic after it became apparent anyone else we were interested in wasn't coming (Vardy) or out of our price range (Mahrez and Mkhitaryan)

Let's not forget Alexis had already started a few games upfront before we signed Perez.

R

=reed=

Iwobi was doing brilliantly up until a few weeks ago, hyperbole spouters at it again. Because a young winger isn't the second coming of Pires or Overmars overnight he's completely dismissed despite all of his good showings this season. How sad.
Iwobi has been just OK at best, let's not go over the top. Our fans (probably any fans) love to overestimate their players.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
No one really challenges Iwobi as they cant do what he does from a wide position. Week in week out he almost has double the touches, passes & forward passes of a Walcott, Lucas, Ox. You can see why Wenger persists as our shabby center midfield need all the help they can get recycling the ball & moving it to the final third.

Impact

Established Member
Should have been in for Draxler. Iwobi is a good prospect but not good enough for the role he has in the squad. He's basically a first team player. Too much, too soon.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Iwobi has been just OK at best, let's not go over the top. Our fans (probably any fans) love to overestimate their players.

It works the other way too. Because we watch so much of our guys, we pick up on every fault they have. If I had watched Iwobi 2-3 times this season at random I would have thought he'd be an unreal talent (not that he isn't very talented, mind)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom