• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Pérez: Is he back again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

9jagooner

Arsène has in the past refused to sign players just to 'protect the development' of his projects and usually to the detriment of Arsenal.
I see how this isn't similar to benching a player to field his favourites.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't think during his appearances Perez showed he was anything less than good enough. The problem is that he was signed as a CF but once Alexis showed he could play as a CF (this was the first time he's been consistently put there), Wenger never took him out. Then Giroud got fit and Wenger put him straight back there. Theo was also playing well at the time on the right, so too Iwobi on the left. After that he suffered bad luck with injuries and just couldn't get fit. Why does everything have to have a conspiracy theory behind it?

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I don't think during his appearances Perez showed he was anything less than good enough. The problem is that he was signed as a CF but once Alexis showed he could play as a CF (this was the first time he's been consistently put there), Wenger never took him out. Then Giroud got fit and Wenger put him straight back there. Theo was also playing well at the time on the right, so too Iwobi on the left. After that he suffered bad luck with injuries and just couldn't get fit. Why does everything have to have a conspiracy theory behind it?
it wasn't so much the times he didn't play, but how often he wasn't even on the bench

I know what you mean about conspiracy theories, but in his case I can't help thinking there is some hidden reason why we have seen so little of him

karl

We may have to file him with Park Chu-young, although Lucas at least made a few more games. What a waste of talent when the Arsenal talent well was pretty dry up front.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
I hope Lucas stays. He has impressed every time he played for us. I solely blame Arsène for his plight.

My ideal team for this season would have been as follows: 442
Petr
Hector Mustafi Laurent Nacho
Özil Cazorla Ramsey/Granit Sanchez
Lucas Welbeck

Shaun90

He's been unlucky. I think Wenger has impressed him even though he probably doesn't rate him that highly. Overcrowding and form from others has just continually been an obstacle. This Summer I think new additions are either going to force him out or limit his opportunities again. I'm curious to see if he could play as both a CF and an inside winger. He's of a much higher technical standard than Walcott and even Welbeck when it comes to playing inside with the ball. So I think he could do the job there. Only problem being, the AM slots are nailed down by Özil & Sanchez. While another signing in the same position is likely to be an even better suited player than him. While at CF we desperately need a proven goalscorer. I don't see a future at Arsenal for Lucas unfortunately.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Nothing odd at all. We signed a player and it didn't work out, happens at most clubs every seasons.

No top Spanish club wanted or wants him.
exactly, it is strange that it didn't work out because wenger always seems to make it work, he knows how to spend and he gives plenty of chances to players (Park and this one are the last "odd ones")
if you look around, this happens constantly.

Toast

Established Member
Then why did we want him? Pathetic signing from the boss. Just piss poor in every sense.

"At the start of the season I bought Lucas, who for me is a very good player. But why? Because Welbeck was out until now [January] basically and I didn’t know how long it would take."

That's why, according to Wenger.

The Independent and the Mirror wrote in August that earlier in the summer we'd decided that Perez wasn't good enough for us, but that our poor start to the season and the Welbeck situation brought about a change of heart. We offered much higher wages to snatch him away from Everton, who were about to sign him.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
"At the start of the season I bought Lucas, who for me is a very good player. But why? Because Welbeck was out until now [January] basically and I didn’t know how long it would take."

The Independent and the Mirror wrote in August that earlier in the summer we'd decided that the club thought Perez wasn't good enough for us, but that our poor start to the season and the Welbeck situation brought about a change of heart. We offered much higher wages to snatch him away from Everton, who were about to sign him.
Stunted by Danny Fricken Welbeck. Nauseating stuff!

Kingslayer

Forza Milan

The Independent and the Mirror wrote in August that earlier in the summer we'd decided that the club thought Perez wasn't good enough for us, but that our poor start to the season and the Welbeck situation brought about a change of heart. We offered much higher wages to snatch him away from Everton, who were about to sign him.

This, coupled with the attempted Vardy signing seems to show that we were only looking at a back-up for Welbz last year and not an out-an-out CF replacement. I hope the priority is different this summer.

Who am I kidding...?

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
I hope Lucas stays. He has impressed every time he played for us. I solely blame Arséne for his plight.

My ideal team for this season would have been as follows: 442
Petr
Hector Mustafi Laurent Nacho
Özil Cazorla Ramsey/Granit Sanchez
Lucas Welbeck
Why would you have Özil on the flank?

And Lucas and Welbz as strikers.. Neither have proven they should be starters for us imo. sadly.
Sure, neither have had enough game time to prove themselves this season - but that is just the reason why we CAN'T go into next season relying on them to be our ideal starters. They can't be part of an ideal 11 if they're constantly out with knocks or worse. Just like Ramsey and Cazorla shouldn't be relied on like that imo. Koscielny is moving into such territory too with his achilles.

Honestly I am tired of us having to rely on players who constantly misses a couple of games with knocks and pulls etc. it disrupts rhythm and then we gain some rhythm while their out, and when they then come back from injury we disrupt rhythm again to bring them into the first 11.

I love the players, but not sure they all have a place here, if we want to win anything.

karl

Lucas proved he is equally effective right across the front line and that is why I think there is more to this. It seems as though Wenger didn't really want to sign him at all.

There were plenty of opportunities when he was fit to at least come from the bench and he was treated like a teenager breaking through into the first team. You have to imagine he would have done better than Welbeck really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom