• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Pérez: Is he back again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Some of you seem to be underrating Lucas on here. We obviously need firepower and goals to come from somewhere other than our strikers and Welbeck/Iwobi aren't reliable in that regard. Of course Mhki and Ramsey (if he stays) will chip in a few as well. I thought Wenger never gave Lucas a fair chance, but when he did, he always performed.

This guy has a deadly left foot, can actually cross a football, and created the second most chances in La Liga last year despite playing for a subpar team. I'm excited to have him back in squad with a new coach and system, could be very useful off the bench or in the EL.

Didn't he want the move last summer because he wasn't happy with a bit part role?

Didn't he want the move last summer because he wasn't happy with a bit part role?

Yeah, that was the word at the time, but based off of the way he was handled by Wenger, I could understand. Per the quote from his agent that you posted, it sounds like he may fancy the challenge under our new manager, perhaps based off of conversations he's already had with him.

Either way, I feel like he could be useful. He always busted a guy with us when played, and Emery may see this as beneficial for his pressing system.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
This guy has a deadly left foot, can actually cross a football, and created the second most chances in La Liga last year despite playing for a subpar team.

And yet there doesn’t appear to be any teams that interested in buying him for what would be a relatively small fee.

And yet there doesn’t appear to be any teams that interested in buying him for what would be a relatively small fee.

Honestly curious as to how you know this? You and his agent on good terms or am I just out of the loop?

From most reports it sounds like Emery wants him to show at preseason and Lucas himself wants to challenge for a spot with our team.

field442

Trusted ⭐
Honestly curious as to how you know this? You and his agent on good terms or am I just out of the loop?

From most reports it sounds like Emery wants him to show at preseason and Lucas himself wants to challenge for a spot with our team.

You on good terms with Emery then? Most “reports” are pure speculation. Emery hasn’t said anything. He’ll report for preseason because he’s an Arsenal player and until such time as someone bids for him he’ll be at Arsenal. What we do know is he’ll be starting preseason with Arsenal because no other team has made a bid for him, just like last season when we ended up having to loan him out because nobody wanted to buy him.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
You on good terms with Emery then? Most “reports” are pure speculation. Emery hasn’t said anything. He’ll report for preseason because he’s an Arsenal player and until such time as someone bids for him he’ll be at Arsenal. What we do know is he’ll be starting preseason with Arsenal because no other team has made a bid for him, just like last season when we ended up having to loan him out because nobody wanted to buy him.
Your inside knowledge is really impressive

Agreed. I'm not claiming to know anything but if Lucas wants to stay then it makes since that his agent isn't shopping him around and making bids known to generate interests from other clubs. Could very well be wrong. My point still stands that he's more capable than given credit for. Can't recall ever being dissatisfied with him when given playing time. And I've witnessed some dross over the years that I can't say that about.

field442

Trusted ⭐

His agent has been talking up a Lazio move all summer and it hasn’t materialised so he’ll be coming back to us to start preseason. As for Emery wanting him as part of his plans that’s nothing more than paper talk at the moment. Nobody knows what his plans are in terms of player personnel.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Agreed. I'm not claiming to know anything but if Lucas wants to stay then it makes since that his agent isn't shopping him around and making bids known to generate interests from other clubs. Could very well be wrong. My point still stands that he's more capable than given credit for. Can't recall ever being dissatisfied with him when given playing time. And I've witnessed some dross over the years that I can't say that about.
Good thing you don't scout for us then because nobody else in the world seems to want this guy.

Wizzard

I know it's only short videos, but he looks very good in the training clips, and the coaches are speaking very well of him (in the vids). You hear "bueno Lucas" quite a lot. I really do think he is here to stay and has a place in the squad.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I don't know Emery but I know someone who knows someone very close to him. His view, for what it's worth, is that Emery is inclined to give Lucas Perez a chance to show what he can do.

Uncle Good-Advice

He was strongly linked with Barcelona but they opted to buy Alcacer instead. Both are not on Barca's level but that doesn't mean he can't play and can't do a job for us as a bench option.

Wenger's man management these last few years was very strange and I do think he didn't have a proper chance. 10 goals and 10 assists would be a decent tally of which he's capable of.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He was strongly linked with Barcelona but they opted to buy Alcacer instead. Both are not on Barca's level but that doesn't mean he can't play and can't do a job for us as a bench option.

Wenger's man management these last few years was very strange and I do think he didn't have a proper chance. 10 goals and 10 assists would be a decent tally of which he's capable of.
True. Also noticed differences

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I don't think Wenger was ever keen on Perez. It was a relatively cheap buy to placate fans in a transfer window where we were doing nothing. Then we bought Mustafi.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I don't think Wenger was ever keen on Perez. It was a relatively cheap buy to placate fans in a transfer window where we were doing nothing. Then we bought Mustafi.
I think he was just the closest to Vardy in terms of both price tag & goals scored in the previous season. Club probably assumed Vardy was done & striker ticked off with the low clause... Then panic bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom