• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Pérez: Is he back again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
I hope Lucas stays, he has impressed every time he has played. If he goes and Theo stays then that'll sum up everything that is wrong with Arsenal.

He needs to play in the front three in the pre season games against the likes of Bayern. Also hope he plays in the community shield. He needs to be given a fair chance before being adjudged.

jvw

Arsène Wenger a month or so ago said:
If I am the manager I would love to keep him but we have to sit down and see if he has a realistic chance to play.
This means he's leaving. Unless Sanchez goes, maybe one other and no-one comes in, and Wenger somehow convinces him he'll actually play. Because right now I don't even think he's close to wanting to stay, and frankly I'd have doubts about him if he did. He never plays.

A great shame in my opinion, I always felt he did well but he was barely given a chance.

Zaza

Treated unfairly. No question about it. When Iwobi was off form, I expected him to play a bit more but Wenger played the Ox more and then brought Giroud into the team and moved Alexis back to the left. We never got to see him play alongside Alexis and Theo over a period of time. If Wenger was moving Alexis back to the left, he should still have gotten alot more minutes rotating with Giroud.
Welbeck comes back from injury and automatically gets ahead of him. Perez is a better goal scorer...that's the truth.
Wenger should never have said he bought him because he wasn't sure when Welbeck would come back. That must have killed his esteem.

Linson

Wenger has been desperately unfair to him as a player, though he isn't the only one. This unfairness runs deep and isn't unilateral.

It's also completely unfair that Walcott has had game time over the Ox.

How much game time did Fabianski get before the message got through that there is a difference between playing well in training and playing well in an actual competitive game?

Iwobi really came off the boil at one point and Perez should have gone straight in but he didn't.

Chu Young Park scored an amazing goal for us but otherwise couldn't get near the team, just bizarre.

I just don't believe that we don't scout players properly and understand how they play and how good they are before we buy them. Complete non-sense.

Let's make no mistake about Lucas, as a club we have persistently shat all over him then claimed it was raining. He should be angry with us and he should leave, for his own good.

Taking the 9 shirt away from him without even talking to him about it is shameful behaviour.

I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Wenger has been desperately unfair to him as a player, though he isn't the only one. This unfairness runs deep and isn't unilateral.

It's also completely unfair that Walcott has had game time over the Ox.

How much game time did Fabianski get before the message got through that there is a difference between playing well in training and playing well in an actual competitive game?

Iwobi really came off the boil at one point and Perez should have gone straight in but he didn't.

Chu Young Park scored an amazing goal for us but otherwise couldn't get near the team, just bizarre.

I just don't believe that we don't scout players properly and understand how they play and how good they are before we buy them. Complete non-sense.

Let's make no mistake about Lucas, as a club we have persistently shat all over him then claimed it was raining. He should be angry with us and he should leave, for his own good.

Taking the 9 shirt away from him without even talking to him about it is shameful behaviour.

I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes.
I totally agree, some players faces fit more than others, for what ever reason.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Feel the switch from central striker to wide is very underestimated unless a pacey striker or super athlete type.

Lucas played central all season the year before & clearly filled out for the role compared to his younger years.

He was gassed out wide & just didn't have the quality for the central role.

Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Wenger has been desperately unfair to him as a player
Why? Don't forget this is a player that Middlesbrough, West Ham, Leicester City, Everton and West Brom were interested in, more than likely he wasn't good enough in training.
Iwobi got dropped on March 4 and never started again, Lucas got injured a week later and was out for for 6 weeks.
Chu Young Park looked out of his depth against Shrewbury in the league cup ffs.
It's not the club's fault he kept picking up niggly injuries.
He's been crying to leave for months, why does he care about a squad number when he doesn't want to play for the club anymore?

No idea why Arsenal fans are so affected to him...

Well he does have that look of Innocent lamb. But if you cant kill a lamb what good are you for?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

No idea why Arsenal fans are so affected to him...

Well he does have that look of Innocent lamb. But if you cant kill a lamb what good are you for?

It's the Joel Campbell effect, plays well the odd game or so and most think he should be starting week in and week out. Both are lucky that they tended to play whenever the team as a whole was in good form.

The truth is Wenger sees these guys in training everyday. In reality I believe Perez just was as athletic, dynamic and as much of a threat in behind as we thought he was. He was billed as the Spanish Vardy but ended up being better facing defenders than stretching defences like Vardy does.

Linson

Why? Don't forget this is a player that Middlesbrough, West Ham, Leicester City, Everton and West Brom were interested in, more than likely he wasn't good enough in training.

Iwobi got dropped on March 4 and never started again, Lucas got injured a week later and was out for for 6 weeks.

Chu Young Park looked out of his depth against Shrewbury in the league cup ffs.
It's not the club's fault he kept picking up niggly injuries.

He's been crying to leave for months, why does he care about a squad number when he doesn't want to play for the club anymore?

I don't think it matters who else was interested him, is he supposed to be flattered that he can warm the bench for us? Wenger has had no interest in genuinely playing him, he's essentially wasting his time and career. This is a guy who has aspirations to play for the Spanish national team. We should be honest with players when we sign them and we clearly are not.

Fair enough on the injury to him, didn't realise.

CYP did look out of his depth, he wasn't premier league quality or Arsenal quality, again, I don't believe we didn't know about him when we signed him. Our scouting network is world class, which begs the question... Why did we sign him?!

He clearly wants to leave and I don't think that's any disrespect to the fans at all. I would do the same if I were him. He cares about the squad number because he's clearly been lied to and now it's a case of respect, which he clearly isn't getting from the club.

To be clear, when we signed him I mocked Wenger as he said at the time he would only sign someone who would make a positive impact on the team. Clearly, Lucas was never that player. The irony of a striker who cost £17m as the only player in the world who could improve the squad is breath taking. I don't blame or dislike Lucas, he has done an admirable job when called upon. I'm shocked and disgusted at the way the club has treated him, that's all.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I hear this a lot about players, but they should surely be judged by what they do on matchday when they get chances, and Lucas has either done well or given every indication that he can offer something. Obviously if you're a lazy **** then you've blown it on the training ground and dont deserve a look.

Compare that to Sanogo, who was rat sh!t when it mattered on matchday... Do you believe he was doing something so special on the training ground that he warranted starts?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think with Perez, there is something else going on that we don't know about. Someone said the other day maybe Wenger didn't really want to buy him but was forced into it. I don't know. What I do know is that he was badly managed, there were plenty of times when he could and should have played but didn't. I know he had injuries but he was also available and not used. Many on here will say he scored goals against weak teams, what I know is that he scored goals and made assists. The stats chart for last season shows that and he was way above many other players in both charts. I hope he does leave because he wont get chances here, not while we have a biased manager who insists on ignoring a player who knows how to score goals.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I think with Perez, there is something else going on that we don't know about. Someone said the other day maybe Wenger didn't really want to buy him but was forced into it. I don't know. What I do know is that he was badly managed, there were plenty of times when he could and should have played but didn't. I know he had injuries but he was also available and not used. Many on here will say he scored goals against weak teams, what I know is that he scored goals and made assists. The stats chart for last season shows that and he was way above many other players in both charts. I hope he does leave because he wont get chances here, not while we have a biased manager who insists on ignoring a player who knows how to score goals.
He could even be a bit of a fvcker to deal with, or have an attitude. Who knows?... I know his football has been good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom