• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Paqueta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Could he play as an 8 for us?
Yeah he could but he's different from Savic or Tielemans who are both offensive minded CM's whereas Paqueta is very much an attacking mid. But he's also a rottweiler - all his defensive numbers are off the charts for his position, he's very modern in that sense and would be a fit for an Arteta team.

Although I love the player, there's a few things that make me think this one's unlikely - he doesn't really have the passing game of the other players we've been linked with. He links play exceptionally well - kind of like ESR style wise - but Xhaka, Tielemans & Savic are all influential orchestrators from deeper and I don't think Paqueta has that to his game at the same level. He's more of an end product player but with lots of off the ball hustle and a few tricks in possession. He also seems to play predominantly on the right side of the pitch and isn't two footed like Tielemans. With Vieira & Ødegaard it's hard to see where he fits in.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I'd take Paqueta as left 8 all day.

Martinelli---Jesus---Saka
------Paqueta---------Ødegaard

I don't think many defences would want to face that 5.

Terrier Jesus Saka
Paqueta Martin

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Paqueta is a bit more of an AM than a CM.

Could be we put him on the left and call it a day with Saka on the right.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
If Xhaka goes down (or more likely gets his usual red), we really only have one physical guy at CM and even then we don't know what's going to happen.

Ødegaard, Vieira or even Paquetá at 8 can get run over.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If Xhaka goes down (or more likely gets his usual red), we really only have one physical guy at CM and even then we don't know what's going to happen.

Ødegaard, Vieira or even Paquetá at 8 can get run over.
Paqueta is no mug defensively. He has played over 3000 minutes as a CM. It isn't fantasy stuff like when I say Saka can play LCM.

If you look at his defensive stats and compare them to a midfielder they are in the highest percentile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom