• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Paqueta

Status
Not open for further replies.

sykesy69

Looking at Paquetas stats and YouTube clips I was all caught up on his hype train, but I decided to take a deeper look and watch him him over 90mins (well 65 before he came off).

I know it's only a tiny sample size, but what I observed gave me doubts.

He started off in the right 8 slot 1st half, then played left 8 2nd half, scored a goal in a 6-1 demolition of Bordeaux.

He seemed a little lazy picking up open positions and would half hearted show and ask for passes even though the positions he was standing in the passing lanes were blocked.

Although it didn't seem like he was really in the game, looking at the stats he had quite a number of touches. Not sure if this is more hanging onto the ball longer than necessary.

He's not that pacy and his dribbling doesn't seem to lose defenders. Didn't really see him moving up the field that much with the ball.

His passing is a bit erratic, Tielemans and Xhaka are much better in this regard.

Although he is a bit of a dog in defence and puts himself about and gets stuck in, he's still lightweight while doing it so not always effective.

Overall to my eye (albeit one 65min review) he would be a slight upgrade on Xhaka and could take a while to adapt to the PL. I'm now on the fence... 😒

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Looking at Paquetas stats and YouTube clips I was all caught up on his hype train, but I decided to take a deeper look and watch him him over 90mins (well 65 before he came off).

He started off in the right 8 slot 1st half, then played left 8 2nd half, scored a goal in a 6-1 demolition of Bordeaux.

He seemed a little lazy picking up open positions and would half hearted show and ask for passes even though the positions he was standing in the passing lanes were blocked.

Although it didn't seem like he was really in the game, looking at the stats he had quite a number of touches. Not sure if this is more hanging onto the ball longer than necessary.

He's not that pacy and his dribbling doesn't seem to lose defenders. Didn't really see him moving up the field that much with the ball.

His passing is a bit erratic, Tielemans and Xhaka are much better in this regard.

Although he is a bit of a dog in defence and puts himself about and gets stuck in, he's still lightweight while doing it so not always effective.

Overall to my eye (albeit one 65min review) he would be a slight upgrade on Xhaka and could take a while to adapt to the PL. I'm now on the fence... 😒

Now go watch a minimum 65 mins video of Elneny, Xhaka and Lokonga. You will come back wanting him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Small sample size but fair play to taking the time to try watch him atleast. Have no opinion on him but liked the write up.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

Watch him in more even match surrounded with better players. Look for some of the last Brazil matches. I watched him a lot in the south American eliminatory and he played well in most of the games.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Interesting Brazilian media asked him about Paqueta even if we interested and in talks he'll deny it.

Still despite him asking to leave there no update about teams interested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom