• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Perez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
* logic mate. He could have bought an actual striker and then Giroud and Welbeck would only get splinters on the bench. We've been waiting for a CF signing for 6 years now!!!

He's been trying to sign one.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Believe what you want but the links throughout the past few windows show that he's been looking for a quality striker. You can criticize him for not pulling the trigger for whatever reason but there have been plenty linked to us.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
LOL. Yeah right. Not trying hard enough obviously. Teams ALL around us in the table bought strikers. Go look how many strikers Liverpool have had since we lost RVP. Don't fool yourself.

???

16/17 - no striker
15/16 - Ings and Benteke for 32.5m
14/15 - Lambert, Balotelli and Origi for 30m
13/14 - Aspas 7m
12/13 - Sturridge, Yesil and Borini for 23m

Are you suggesting we should've purchased any of these players? Wenger has gone for Higuain, Suarez, Benzema etc. You can clearly see the sort of striker he wants, he doesn't buy the stop gaps unless he needs a body to fill in the squad. Like Perez.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

I didn't get the statement either. Liverpool are in the same situation as us which is lacking a quality starting striker.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I didn't get the statement either. Liverpool are in the same situation as us which is lacking a quality starting striker.

There's buying a striker, and then there's buying average overpriced players to try and fill the void. Something that we'll never do. We'd never chuck 32m at Benteke.

skip spence

* logic mate. He could have bought an actual striker and then Giroud and Welbeck would only get splinters on the bench. We've been waiting for a CF signing for 6 years now!!!
Yeah, I must be as * as Wenger who apparently prefers to buy strikers that don't exist as opposed to actual ones. :rolleyes:

skip spence

Lucas was handy. Finished the season 5th highest scorer & 4th most assists. Anyway, I really must find a new avi!
Sure. Do feel bad for him too, didn't get many chances and when he did he looked well capable of producing goals and assists. Never looked good enough to be a first choice starting centre forward for Arsenal though.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Gervinho wasn't a striker. Perez is a quality player Wenger just didn't rate him for some odd reason, Park Chu Young signed while we had Giroud was he not?
Podolski 10m
Welbeck 16m
Asano 5m
Big Sanogo on whatever wage per week.

We've penny pinched on our strikers and in the process spent tens of millions on wages and signings. Yet we're no stronger and look to be losing our two best players. Forgive me but I'm pretty sure if we had a decent striker we wouldn't be in this position now. We'd have probably won the league last season.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Don't undertand peoples eagerness to define Perez as a class player. Decent scoresheet, some assists but all against pretty mediocre teams.
I do enjoy him, but there must be a reason for him to not have played as much.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
At least Lucas Perez showed more promise and talent than Gervinho Park etc.. i just don't understand why wenger not used him in the league maybe because he didn't work hard in training and his workrate is s**te.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
There was noise coming out his camp from before Christmas ffs. Journeyman expecting to walk into our team.

People also forget Theo out wide & Giroud central had really high goals per minute + both have more to their games than Lucas.

skip spence

There was noise coming out his camp from before Christmas ffs. Journeyman expecting to walk into our team.

People also forget Theo out wide & Giroud central had really high goals per minute + both have more to their games than Lucas.
Yeah, Lucas was signed as a stop-gap, a squaddie. Unfortunately for him none of the players ahead of him got injured or stopped producing. Sure, Welbz never really got amongst the goals but his overall game is on a different level to Lucas' who's poverty outside of the box tbqh.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
???

16/17 - no striker
13/14 - Aspas 7m

Are you suggesting we should've purchased any of these players? Wenger has gone for Higuain, Suarez, Benzema etc. You can clearly see the sort of striker he wants, he doesn't buy the stop gaps unless he needs a body to fill in the squad. Like Perez.

Add Firmino and Mane and there are a few on Liverpool's list that have been very good good buys IMO.

AFC/Wenger Signings
2016/2017: Perez, Asano
2015/2016: N/A
2014/2015: Welbeck, Sanchez
2013/2014: Sonogo
2012/2013: Giroud, Podolski
2011/2012: Gervinho, Chu-Young Park, Campbell
2010/2011: Chamakh

Our list is pretty horrible, if not worse given how badly we've needed a CF, over a similar period. Keep in mind we've had CL football throughout which, supposedly, helps draw top quality players. A lot of dross and wasted wages + clear inability /unwillingness to move on those identified as not up to snuff quickly. Giroud has been our first choice CF for 5 straight seasons bar a patch here and there and that just isn't good enough.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
???

16/17 - no striker
13/14 - Aspas 7m

Liverpool had Suarez!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom