• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Perez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I haven't seen enough of him to pronounce him ****. Injuries wrecked any chance of a reasonably long time in the team. I'd still want him to stay and fight next year.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I think he'd be great at West Ham, Perez does what he does quite well. We do need better though, enough with squad players.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
tenor.gif

Probably his level although West Ham could probably do better if viewed as a starter.

That list includes teenage prospects, hardly fair ;)

I'd take Perez. We need someone that can play off Andy/an alternative to Andy, and getting in Perez would allow Antonio to shift out wide again.

I think he's a solid striker. Not top class or anything, but I could see him scoring 10-15 in the league for us which would be alright.

Token Yank

He hasn't been given enough of an opportunity to be a good or bad signing. But I agree with the sentiment that these bargain signings do nothing but hurt us. Why spend 17m on him? Just fork over the 40m for Lacazette instead. The money 'saved' on these signings just end up costing more in the long run. Even if Lacazette flopped you still sell him on for a decent fee.

Welbeck
Chambers
Debuchy
Perez

* I don't think Gabriel and Elneny were terrible buys, they are serviceable squad players.

InvertedFootballer

Lad is a troll, I know we screw up our players fitness but this guy breaks whenever he can get an actual run in the team. Way past the point of coincidence.

We already have an overpaid tap in stat padder wum and at least he's homegrown, so thanks but no thanks.

As for not being able to displace Theo or Welbeck or anyone I'm not that surprised, he was like our 6th choice for a reason

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He really not that bad every time he play he either score or assist the problem we been playing him on wings and that not his position. He'll force his way out this summer getting 10-15M wouldn't be bad

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I think he's good but we have too many 'good' players. Our only elite forward is Sanchez. Perez, Walcott, Giroud, Ox, Iwobi and Welbeck are just 'good'. We should move out 2 of the above (Ox as a CM and sell one or 2) and bring in a genuine top class forward.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
what he'll do there? sitting on the bench he no way getting time ahead of Di Maria or Cavani he'll just replace Ben Arfa on the bench. he better move to club where he'll start.

BBF

Yeah that's what really is confusing. Here we have a manager who regardless of whether we have money or not has expressed a certain disdain for spending and yet here he is pissing money down the drain seemingly. Between Xhaka and Mustafi that's what 65-70 million? Add on the 17 for Lucas and that's 82-87 million. 80 million probably gets us in the right ballpark for Griezmann, Auba or Dybala with a bit left over because you're only paying one set of wages rather than 3. Or that could have been split to buy say Koulibaly and Isco. Instead we've got 2 players in Mustafi and Xhaka who have had mixed seasons and a frustrated player nearing 30 with no resale value.

Since Jeffers he's clearly been scared of the flop.

Spending less money individually on two players will recoup more money if they both flop, and then there's the case that one might not. Sad really.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

With Alexis off and big Sanogo being released, our striker options would be:

Giroud, Lucas, Welbeck and Akpom.

Get rid of them all I say, unless big OG is happy on the bench.

Malky

Established Member
With Alexis off and big Sanogo being released, our striker options would be:

Giroud, Lucas, Welbeck and Akpom.

Get rid of them all I say, unless big OG is happy on the bench.

You forgot Theo.. not that it makes a diffrence because that is ****ing CF poverty!

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Since Jeffers he's clearly been scared of the flop.

Spending less money individually on two players will recoup more money if they both flop, and then there's the case that one might not. Sad really.
I'd almost forgotten about Franny. Yeah he was a bit of a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom