• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Perez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

They can afford taking chances with expensive youngsters. We can't.
Guys like Sane, Jesus and Sterling are not as risky an investment as guys like Holding and Chambers. You usually get what you pay for regarding players. Anyway that's a scouting debate.

Also if we're trying to be a top club and can't afford ready made top-class players then you have to go for younger players who can become top-class players.

Without risk, there can be no growth.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Guys like Sane, Jesus and Sterling are not as risky an investment as guys like Holding and Chambers. You usually get what you pay for regarding players. Anyway that's a scouting debate.

Also if we're trying to be a top club and can't afford ready made top-class players then you have to go for younger players who can become top-class players.

Say what? :lol:

Of course they're not as risky, but you need the money to be able to make that investment. The rich get richer and all that.

We're not signing Holding instead of Stones because we think he's better. Trust me.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Just to summarise this I’m saying that I’m well aware that we can’t keep rolling the dice like city. I just think our first rolls have been crap and ill-advised.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Just to summarise this I’m saying that I’m well aware that we can’t keep rolling the dice like city. I just think our first rolls have been crap and ill-advised.

Right mate. It doesn't take a genius to sign any of the players City have signed.

All of them very highly rated before signing for them. Money talks.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Martial went for €5m the summer we signed Sanogo. #MerciGrimandi

Of course people will say nobody knew Martial back then but one of the French experts (Matt Spiro I think) said he was a big deal in youth football in the country since he was 14, so I have a hard time believing Wenger wasn't aware of him.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

But City are rolling the dice on talents that have already shown enough to be highly rated by everyone, like Stones who commanded 50m fee, while we roll it on Holding for 2m or Chambers for 15m..

We have been missing too much on the transfer market and haven't done a good job finding the right talents, no defending that, but our roll of the dice is a lot riskier than City's.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Of course people will say nobody knew Martial back then but one of the French experts (Matt Spiro I think) said he was a big deal in youth football in the country since he was 14, so I have a hard time believing Wenger wasn't aware of him.

Yeah that's a good example.. We were really close to Mbappe at 17 too, before his breakout season(Wenger went to his house to convince him or something)..

Reactions: A_G

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Might be he wanted first team football but then Monaco only played him 11 times in his first season.

If he’d have come to us there’d have been that stretch where he’d be starting because Giroud got dropped for cheating on his wife.

Dropped the ball big time.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Might be he wanted first team football but then Monaco only played him 11 times in his first season.

If he’d have come to us there’d have been that stretch where he’d be starting because Giroud got dropped for cheating on his wife.

Dropped the ball big time.
I'm sure he'd have got games since Walcott, Ox and Podolski all had injury problems that season. We had games where we were relying on Gnabry, Sanogo and even Bendtner in those attacking positions.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'm sure he'd have got games since Walcott, Ox and Podolski all had injury problems that season. We had games where we were relying on Gnabry, Sanogo and even Bendtner in those attacking positions.

Yeah exactly, was such a miss. Remember asking a French mate of mine who I lived with on my year abroad about Sanogo.

He said then that Martial was the superior talent.

Last edited:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We've missed out on players such as Mane, Kante, Arnotivic, Zaha, Alli from within the English leagues. The likes s of Vardy and Mahrez were there for the taking as well. Not to mention the likes of Davidson Sanchez. The no money thing is bollocks. Ousmane Dembele going for a paltry sum to Dortmund is unforgivable.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

For me that's where a lot of the frustration comes in. We still shop in the low risk high reward market (Bellerin, Sanogo, Assano, Holding, Mavropanos etc) and so few have came off meanwhile others seem to be having relatively more success at it than we have. Perhaps it's because we use to be so good at it especially in France but it feels more noticeable that we are missing out where we use to be successful.

wtf happened to Jeff?
He went on loan to Angers (Ligue 1) in January; not sure how he did but he's withdrawn from a youth tournament for France due to another injury which could be a concern.

I might be wrong but I think Fortune is leaving.

Reactions: A_G

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Right mate. It doesn't take a genius to sign any of the players City have signed.

All of them very highly rated before signing for them. Money talks.

FYI, nobody's heard of Jesus until City signed him, and he only cost them 27 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom