• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Perez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

yes and when he goes there he'll bang them in for fun and shut some of the people on here up - hopefully...
Assuming he does that doesn't mean he was a success for us. He has been the biggest flop of the year.20m and can't get in ahead of Theo or Welbeck. Brutal.

Absolute waste of a signing and that's not his fault it's the dithering Wenger's fault. Just buy a guy for the position not a hybrid jack of all trades master of nothing.

Carlo Marx

Used to be the Voice of Reason, now raging
Perez's treatment leaves me scratching my head, doubting my judgement of players. I always come away from games thinking he adds qualities we've been missing in our attack, especially in his decision making; but Wenger seems to think he's a disposable Christopher Wreh-level squaddie.
How many years left on his contract? Someone predicted he'd be farmed out on loan for the duration of it, might have been @Garrincha.

It was widely reported as a four-year deal. Hard to believe we'll be loaning him out until the summer of 2020, but sh*t, who understands anything about this player when it comes to Arsenal? Wenger gaslighting us, 100% confirmed.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Good news & frees up a squad position. No point keeping him around.

Clearly never good enough for the central position at a CL club. Shame we missed out on Vardy.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

People should remember this guy was far from our first choice. He's done very well whenever he's played though. The biggest shame about his spell here is the fact he hasn't had a proper run up top.

I'd sooner sell Welbeck.
Sell both.
I think the real sickening feeling is Perez has essentially replaced Campbell. A guy we loaned and spent 20m on replacing. Terrible all things considered

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Perez's treatment leaves me scratching my head, doubting my judgement of players. I always come away from games thinking he adds qualities we've been missing in our attack, especially in his decision making; but Wenger seems to think he's a disposable Christopher Wreh-level squaddie.

It was widely reported as a four-year deal. Hard to believe we'll be loaning him out until the summer of 2020, but sh*t, who understands anything about this player when it comes to Arsenal? Wenger gaslighting us, 100% confirmed.
he is tecnically not good enough.
welbeck is english so he is a priority.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
The abuse Rimaal gets on this forum is disgusting. She doesn't even say the usual baffling bs that most others do. Some people need to get a grip.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
The abuse Rimaal gets on this forum is disgusting. She doesn't even say the usual baffling bs that most others do. Some people need to get a grip.

Interestingly enough, it's usually the same person doing it. The Marcos Rojo of this forum. :rolleyes:

Stuff like the above abuse and "I hope you get mauled by a tiger", not to mention wishing death on people, are well out of order, but are bafflingly greeted with a shower of 'likes' as though it's banter. She shrugs it off, but why should anyone have to put up with it?

On topic:
People should remember this guy was far from our first choice. He's done very well whenever he's played though. The biggest shame about his spell here is the fact he hasn't had a proper run up top.

I'd sooner sell Welbeck.

Though I agree with the rest of your points, what was the point in splashing out 17m and giving him a 3-4 year contract on likely high wages if he wasn't good enough in the first place?

Once again we are left with a player we don't need but are unable to sell. Quite sick of this mismanagement of personnel and funds.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Assuming he does that doesn't mean he was a success for us. He has been the biggest flop of the year.20m and can't get in ahead of Theo or Welbeck. Brutal.

Absolute waste of a signing and that's not his fault it's the dithering Wenger's fault. Just buy a guy for the position not a hybrid jack of all trades master of nothing.

Wenger does seem to love these winger/forward hybrids and breaking the bank on them. Think Wiltord, Reyes, Arshavin, Forehead, Park Yu-cantseeme, Poldi, Wele and now Lucas.

Damn, re-reading it makes me a bit sad. "WILTOOOOOOOOORD!" One of the happiest moments of my life. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom