• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Perez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I think Chelsea might come and making a good offer for Ramsey imo. Their midfield is weak without kanté and there aren't a lot of other options. + He's HG.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think Chelsea might come and making a good offer for Ramsey imo. Their midfield is weak without kanté and there aren't a lot of other options. + He's HG.
then they shouldn't leave it until deadline day because we'll reject it just like Alexis last season. but i'm still expecting Ramsey to sign new contract.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
then they shouldn't leave it until deadline day because we'll reject it just like Alexis last season. but i'm still expecting Ramsey to sign new contract.

We've accepted to sell the Ox though. I don't think we value Ramsey as much as we valued Alexis who was a 30 goals/season player (goals + assists).

samshere

Why so serieuse?
We didn't reject the Alexis deal, Lemar didn't want to move so late. But I get your point it'll be best for all parties if this issue is resolved asap.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We didn't reject the Alexis deal, Lemar didn't want to move so late. But I get your point it'll be best for all parties if this issue is resolved asap.
yes because at least it will give us time to get replacement and not being forced to pay over the value.

Rouski

His job was to build a competitive team and he has failed.
Podolski has never been a lone striker. Never ever. It was Wenger's choice to start the season with only Sanogo as a backup ST. He had the whole transfer window to fix this issue. Giroud was on the bench because the day before the game some tabloid have published his photo where his was with a prostitute in a hotel room. He wasn't 100% focused to play the game .

So yes if Gazidis forced some signings on him because our former coach has failed to do his job then it's on him too.
For years we had the same issues in the squad, we've needed a CB, a DM and a striker. Wenger in his team have failed to address those issues.

Ive never blamed Wenger for not signing Higuain or Suarez I've blamed the whole club. It was Arsenal's failure. From the coach, to the board, to the negotiating team.

But still our former coach had 3 months to find a solution. A decent striker who could have brought some competition to Giroud and a solid backup but he didn't.
We miserably tried to sign Demba Ba on loan during the last day of the transfer window and Mourinho has blocked the move.

You are not happy with signing Welbeck but you would be happy with signing Demba Ba? The truth is you'll always find something to complain about. Wenger was the most successful Arsenal manager since the 1930's. The Emirates, which has a long-term benefit, crippled Arsenal financially and Wenger maintained champions league status through this period. I firmly believe that no other manager could have done this. Wenger could have easily left for Real Madrid or PSG during this time but decided to be loyal to Arsenal. The problem Wenger had is that he did not replicate his success from 96 - 06 which became the fans expectation level.

Wenger's loyalty alone deserves more respect than being made a scapegoat, when his real impact is to help Arsenal build a club for the future success. His positive impact will be seen for many years to come.

Your logic will make Arsenal the same as any other club changing managers every two-three years that does not necessarily result in success. As far as I'm concerned anyone scapegoating Wenger is a fickle supporter. If you are a supporter of Arsenal, then support the manager and support the players.

Last edited:

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Need to get Campbell, Ospina and Jenkinson out too. I quite like Welbeck but if he`s sold to bring in funds for a wide player or centre half I`m fine with that.

ggunner12345

I expect outgoings in the next couple of days. Perez ,Ospina and Welbeck might leave and Chambers is going to Fulham on loan for the season.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
You are not happy with signing Welbeck but you would be happy with signing Demba Ba? The truth is you'll always find something to complain about. Wenger was the most successful Arsenal manager since the 1930's. The Emirates, which has a long-term benefit, crippled Arsenal financially and Wenger maintained champions league status through this period. I firmly believe that no other manager could have done this. Wenger could have easily left for Real Madrid or PSG during this time but decided to be loyal to Arsenal. The problem Wenger had is that he did not replicate his success from 96 - 06 which became the fans expectation level.

Wenger's loyalty alone deserves more respect than being made a scapegoat, when his real impact is to help Arsenal build a club for the future success. His positive impact will be seen for many years to come.

Your logic will make Arsenal the same as any other club changing managers every two-three years that does not necessarily result in success. As far as I'm concerned anyone scapegoating Wenger is a fickle supporter. If you are a supporter of Arsenal, then support the manager and support the players.

I didn't say I was happy with signing Demba Ba. I was just recalling the facts.

I have the right to criticize Wenger it doesn't mean I don't have a huge respect for him mate. When he fails I don't have any problem to say what I think he's done wrong.
I still think he's the best coach we ever had and I'll always be thankful for his amazing work during his first 10/15 years. But his last 4/5 years were mediocre and we've gone backwards under him.

I have supported him and I still do. But it doesn't mean I have to close my eyes on his mistakes mate. We're here to talk about our football club. For the best and the worst. Unfortunately there was more negatives by the end of his reign than positives. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom