• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Perez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
He wasn't a failure per se. His biggest drawback was that he couldn't stay fit for more than 3 matches at a time. And when you're hard pressed to impress a manager at your new club, frequent absences such as he's been having won't help his cause.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Funny how we can throw 17M plus decent wages around like it's no bodies business and then the club has the audacity to play down our financial capabilities.

The money we throw away at these pointless signings and under performing players is a sick joke.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

@Skalidis

£17M is nothing nowadays. I'm surprised so many people bring up Perez's price. For a guy who scored double figures in La Liga for a team outside the top 5, £17M was the minimum it'd take to grab him.

Had we paid £25M upward then I'd seriously wonder.
17m is huge for us. Its potentially our 5th biggest ever signing and certainly within the top 10. Don't dismiss it as pocket change because that's the norm elsewhere. Our Ceo sums it up very well.

"We can't afford to outgun competitors that have far more money. We have to be very careful, very selective,"

"That means we can't afford to make huge mistakes in the transfer market. We can't afford to outgun competitors that have far more money to splurge on transfer fees than we do. So we have to be very careful, very selective about how we do things."

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Its how close the fee was to Vardys buyout that makes me suspicious.

I doubt we had much interest in the guy but the fee & # of goals ticked boxes. Vardy is on another level to this guy not a 17m striker.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i say the time is came that we use him if we keep playing 3-5-2 just throw him and Alexis upfront.

If i was him i would leave quickly we are destroying his career he came to us after having best year in career treating him like that is unfair and he don't deserve it because everytime we play him he score or assist.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

He for sure is a much better striker than Giroud and Welbeck. I liked Welbeck when he played the first game after the injury, after that he didn't show much.

Last edited:

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

@Skalidis

£17M is nothing nowadays. I'm surprised so many people bring up Perez's price. For a guy who scored double figures in La Liga for a team outside the top 5, £17M was the minimum it'd take to grab him.

Had we paid £25M upward then I'd seriously wonder.

What is this list man because I saw my name just today on it. Is it when you are known for bad or for good? LoL

Deathstroke

The Terminator
@Skalidis

17m is huge for us. Its potentially our 5th biggest ever signing and certainly within the top 10. Don't dismiss it as pocket change because that's the norm elsewhere.

Your username is apt, Bob. Nail on the head.

Taylor, 17m was his release clause; maybe he would have cost more without it, who knows? The point is, we were willing to trigger it and make him our 5th-most expensive signing after Özil, Xhaka, Mustafi & Alexis, but in spite of this show of confidence, Wenger has subsequently decided he's not worthy of game time despite his good performances on the rare occasions he has played.

Add to that the rumours that our scouts had deemed him not good enough for us, and as Gooner Zig said, you have to wonder at the hypocrisy of our club pleading poverty while wasting millions on seemingly sub-par players, and then letting their transfer value depreciate as we struggle to sell them off because no-one else is willing to pay the high wages we do.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

It's one of my biggest gripes with the way we operate in the transfer market (along with our pathetic wage structure).

Chambers 16M, Welbeck 16M, Lucas 17M - all have contributed SFA. That's 50M alone in transfers plus millions in wages down the drain which could have funded a proper push for an elite striker or wide player.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
It's one of my biggest gripes with the way we operate in the transfer market (along with our pathetic wage structure).

Chambers 16M, Welbeck 16M, Lucas 17M - all have contributed SFA. That's 50M alone in transfers plus millions in wages down the drain which could have funded a proper push for an elite striker or wide player.
I'm more disappointed by the fact that we seem to be so slow in moving them on once it becomes obvious that they don't fit in. Liverpool got 15m for Ibe, Chelsea 30m for Oscar who barely make their bench. I don't doubt that we could recoup the majority of our outlay on Chambers, Welbeck and Lucas if we wanted to. But no, we're loaning them around or keeping them hanging while their value plummets.

BBF

This club will probably find a way to sell him to Deportivo for 2m and a free loan.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
This club will probably find a way to sell him to Deportivo for 2m and a free loan.

Well you are in a **** situation tbf. He's lost value by barely playing and getting older, you massively bumped his wages and now you want to get rid. Only way this could be worse is if he broke his ankle tomorrow.

You'll probably have to compensate some of his wages to get rid of him this window.

allegro

Its another reason why Wenger has lost his touch. Less and less do we really see a signing of value. Holding looks to have broken the trend slightly so lets hope if he does more of this in summer. Then we start competing for the REAL talent by going in hard and fast instead of this we wait to see what City, Chelsea, Manu, etc etc want then we go waste money on cr%p.

I'd rather we spend nothing and GENUINELY look from within our own club and give those players a chance. i.e AMN, R Nelson, Willock and even the Nigerian lad (Kelechi?) who looked very impressive in some clips from his Dutch loan.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Its another reason why Wenger has lost his touch. Less and less do we really see a signing of value. Holding looks to have broken the trend slightly so lets hope if he does more of this in summer. Then we start competing for the REAL talent by going in hard and fast instead of this we wait to see what City, Chelsea, Manu, etc etc want then we go waste money on cr%p.

I'd rather we spend nothing and GENUINELY look from within our own club and give those players a chance. i.e AMN, R Nelson, Willock and even the Nigerian lad (Kelechi?) who looked very impressive in some clips from his Dutch loan.
I agree, I don't get our team and scouts, why u buy a player if you are never use it, he did well when played. We have players like welbeck, Giroud, sanogo, Gibbs, Coquelin, Jenkinson and Walcott, who are a level below the team doing bad. And we can't get rid of them. Even worse, we give them new contracts! But we could not give a chance to Pérez? Wenger gets me mad!

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
ARE YOU KIDDING ME
If we loan him I'll be furious, what is this **** are we a charity club? Let's sign your player for 16m and then loan him to u straight away . If he plays amazing for you, we will sell him cheap as he will have like 1 year left on his deal, if hes crap we will take him back to our squad and let him rot in the reserves while he earns like 80k a week, the kind of money that is the difference between us and top teams , that our board claim we cant compete on....

do any other top or even ****ty mid table clubs keep players on big deals if they know they arent playing.. debuchy mertesacker perez campbell sanogo and there has been so many in the past.

seriously whoever makes these kinds of decisions happen needs to go, its the main issue with our club in terms of squad quality as it holds us back so much in reqruitment of new players

Reactions: BBF
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom