• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Just not a good player, gets barged off the ball easily and doesn’t offer anything in attack. All he does is chase after the ball, no talent just hustle.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
He and Xhaka were the only functional part of our team yesterday.
Torreira was winning the ball yesterday, passed and kept the ball well and was joining our attacks.
Don't know what some of you guys are smoking, but apart from Kante I don't know which player in Europe offers all of that.

And yet they got walked over by Brighton's midfield.
We can't say it was the only functionnal part when you get outplayed by a relegation side.

It's not that they're even bad players. They're just way too flawed and Torreira can't hide by himself the lack of intensity Xhaka & Özil bring to the table.
He's a midget, by himself, trying to do contain players that are much bigger, stronger, and faster than him.

Torreira Guendouzi Xhaka Willock Ceballos is the weakest midfield selection in raw athleticism in the league. By far.

Any random PL midfielder looks like a beast when he plays against us.

mpower2540

Sorry, that's complete BS. We controlled midfield well in this game and both of them played really well.
Not sure what game you were watching if you thought we controlled the midfield. I honestly can’t remember the last time we controlled a game in midfield. Brighton bossed us, utterly bossed us. The difference between this and Norwich was that Brighton didn’t have to have an epiphany moment to realise we’re crap, they started the game believing they were better than us and so it proved.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Not sure what game you were watching if you thought we controlled the midfield. I honestly can’t remember the last time we controlled a game in midfield. Brighton bossed us, utterly bossed us. The difference between this and Norwich was that Brighton didn’t have to have an epiphany moment to realise we’re crap, they started the game believing they were better than us and so it proved.
The midfielders didn't lose the ball all the time. If a defender our striker lose the ball every time he touches it, it has nothing to do with midfielders. I will say it again, both of them were quality on the ball yesterday and everything else is bs.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Just not a good player, gets barged off the ball easily and doesn’t offer anything in attack. All he does is chase after the ball, no talent just hustle.
Actually reminds me of myself. I had bags of passion and relentless energy but I was useless on the ball, could hardly tackle and all I really offered was a bit of sweat...
I'm starting to see what you have seen this whole time. Not suited to this league at all. Go back to Italy and have a good career. The EPL isn't for you, LT..

fc honka

Second half his best 45 min for Arsenal.
Great great display, he was the driving force in the team.
More of this Lucas thanks!!

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Was very poor in the first half but actually played well for once in the second. Hopefully he can do it for more than a half!

Still think he's a bum tho.

CJJ

Established Member
Was clearly told not to take chances today and remain compact in the middle with great succes. This obviously means less flashy plays but overall i think he had a very good game.

And i loved to see his forward passes once we got abit of confidence. Exactly what we've been missing for so long. Should continue starting now without a doubt.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
This is the potential Lucas has to show week in and out. Or at least, we need to give him the opportunity to prove himself to do just that. Think he could become massive for us. My little lion man.

HBL

Established Member
He was good in the second half after a really poor first half. Hopefully he can maintain that level from the 2nd half.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Two great key passes for the goals today. I’ve recently seem him put in exactly the same ball for Kola a game or so ago, but the cross was cut out with a man free in the box.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Two great key passes for the goals today. I’ve recently seem him put in exactly the same ball for Kola a game or so ago, but the cross was cut out with a man free in the box.

All hail the mighty Kola for not cutting the ball too far up. Hulk is learning.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Play him more in this position his best position and don't even think about him going forward when attacking just leave him there in the middle and let him win you balls stop attacks.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
A very useful player to have, still unsure how to set up the midfield, maybe try...

Lucas
(and two of)
Ceballos/Willock/Guendouzi
...would like us to try and phase Xhaka and Mesut out soon, one isn’t suited to this league and the other is kinda past it really...need to try something to try and fix the midfield, until we can change it in the summer...would like to see the above.

And before anyone gets smart, Lucas is playing as a 6 in the above and not a 10!

zilfy

Hopefully a return to form and being played in the right position will change his mind about leaving the club. It would be sad to see him go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom