• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He is our best midfielder and he off forn yet he show more fight and passion than most of this squad don't understand why Emery and now Freddie use him high of pitch

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He wasnt bad individually but collectively both he and Guendouzi could have done better in terms of spacing and off the ball. Too many times the centre was completely empty because they didnt know where they were supposed to be in transition.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
This guy is so useless, if you rate him then I question your knowledge of football tbh. Our midfield gets carved open when he's playing.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I think he is coming back to his best and I don't wont to bash him just because some of the players around him are dreadfull lately. He does his job well in both directions.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
He covered ground for himself and Matteo.

Matteo has some quality with the ball, but against the ball he is lacking a lot of quality and you can see that he is still in his youth and without much experience.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
He doesn't want to be here in my opinion. That's fair enough he hasn't settled in England and therefore we should sell in Jan and potentially replace with ndidi or a player like him or doucoure. Not a bad player just not right for us for many reasons.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I preferred Coquelin as our ball winner...not that Lucas is crap, he is a good player...he seems so timid though, whereas Coq was a bit of a ****, which I loved!

Think Coq had more running power too, Lucas does try but tires quickly...think he wants to leave too.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
This guy is so useless, if you rate him then I question your knowledge of football tbh. Our midfield gets carved open when he's playing.
Anyone who has ever watched Uruguay would disagree with you there squire. He does indeed get carved open when playing for us, you aren't wrong there and the question is why?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I preferred Coquelin as our ball winner...not that Lucas is crap, he is a good player...he seems so timid though, whereas Coq was a bit of a ****, which I loved!

Think Coq had more running power too, Lucas does try but tires quickly...think he wants to leave too.
Coquelin was bigger and stronger. Simple. Torreira is dogged and I wouldnt call him timid but he is very small and not an explosive athlete. Coquelin was sturdier, and had good acceleration despite not being the quickest. Coquelin became obsolete once he was required to do more than tackle on a game by game basis. That's ultimately what did him in. The promise of a more rounded midfield died soon after he left though. I wanted it to be Maitland-Niles and eventually Willock back then but they already started dicking around with ones position from then and Willock was not ready as it turned out. Elneny added nothing, Ramsey kept getting hurt, Wilshere was ALWAYS hurt and Xhaka was not the player we wanted him to be. Meanwhile AMN as a CM is dead now, poor guy doesn't know what he is anymore thanks to this stupid RB experiment.

The midfield needs an overhaul IMO. We need more athletes in there. Put ESR and Willock in there and it's a bit sturdier but we would still be missing more. I like Torreira but given he still has stock, I wouldnt mind cashing in. Sell both Xhaka and Torreira and sign 2 more rounded CMs. Move to a 3 man midfield and then we're talking.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Coquelin was bigger and stronger. Simple. Torreira is dogged and I wouldnt call him timid but he is very small and not an explosive athlete. Coquelin was sturdier, and had good acceleration despite not being the quickest. Coquelin became obsolete once he was required to do more than tackle on a game by game basis. That's ultimately what did him in. The promise of a more rounded midfield died soon after he left though. I wanted it to be Maitland-Niles and eventually Willock back then but they already started dicking around with ones position from then and Willock was not ready as it turned out. Elneny added nothing, Ramsey kept getting hurt, Wilshere was ALWAYS hurt and Xhaka was not the player we wanted him to be. Meanwhile AMN as a CM is dead now, poor guy doesn't know what he is anymore thanks to this stupid RB experiment.

The midfield needs an overhaul IMO. We need more athletes in there. Put ESR and Willock in there and it's a bit sturdier but we would still be missing more. I like Torreira but given he still has stock, I wouldnt mind cashing in. Sell both Xhaka and Torreira and sign 2 more rounded CMs. Move to a 3 man midfield and then we're talking.

Felt timid was the wrong word to use after I typed it, Coq just seemed to play with much more intensity to me...but as you say, Coq's role changed aroun 16-17...which was a shame, as I really liked him and Santi together.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Felt timid was the wrong word to use after I typed it, Coq just seemed to play with much more intensity to me...but as you say, Coq's role changed aroun 16-17...which was a shame, as I really liked him and Santi together.
Its funny- even back then I used to say that we lacked pure athleticism and technical ability in midfield and that signing a player who could do elements of both Coq and Cazorlas functions would be optimal. An Arteta replacement if you will but with an extra physical ability (strength or speed).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom