• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBL

Established Member
Coquelin was bigger and stronger. Simple. Torreira is dogged and I wouldnt call him timid but he is very small and not an explosive athlete. Coquelin was sturdier, and had good acceleration despite not being the quickest. Coquelin became obsolete once he was required to do more than tackle on a game by game basis. That's ultimately what did him in. The promise of a more rounded midfield died soon after he left though. I wanted it to be Maitland-Niles and eventually Willock back then but they already started dicking around with ones position from then and Willock was not ready as it turned out. Elneny added nothing, Ramsey kept getting hurt, Wilshere was ALWAYS hurt and Xhaka was not the player we wanted him to be. Meanwhile AMN as a CM is dead now, poor guy doesn't know what he is anymore thanks to this stupid RB experiment.

The midfield needs an overhaul IMO. We need more athletes in there. Put ESR and Willock in there and it's a bit sturdier but we would still be missing more. I like Torreira but given he still has stock, I wouldnt mind cashing in. Sell both Xhaka and Torreira and sign 2 more rounded CMs. Move to a 3 man midfield and then we're talking.
We've got to try and get Camavinga and then a b2b/attacking mid that can run. Not 100% sure who but Ziyech/Castrovilli seem like good options for that

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
We've got to try and get Camavinga and then a b2b/attacking mid that can run. Not 100% sure who but Ziyech/Castrovilli seem like good options for that
Camavinga is interesting. We have a slightly similar player to him here called Miguel Azeez who I think is extremely promising so I'd be hesitant to bring him in for that reason but I really like Camavinga, such a smart player.

I was thinking Soumare would be an obvious target for our needs.

Ziyech would be a good experienced signing, I'd back that.

HBL

Established Member
Camavinga is interesting. We have a slightly similar player to him here called Miguel Azeez who I think is extremely promising so I'd be hesitant to bring him in for that reason but I really like Camavinga, such a smart player.

I was thinking Soumare would be an obvious target for our needs.

Ziyech would be a good experienced signing, I'd back that.
I want us to move to a 433, so not sure Soumare would be the one to play as a DMC. I really like him though, same with Zaydou Youssouf at St Etienne. Camavinga would be the one though, getting better and better every time I watch him and only just turned 17, I still believe we can attract good talents as we did. Ziyech would be perfect because his work rate is phenomenal. Castrovilli is really interesting imo if you haven't seen much of him, amazing dribbler.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Ever since Dixon broke down his drifting away from back four cant un-see it. He wants to get forward or go looking for the ball... When play turns over he is rarely in place protecting the back four.

His passing looks much better this season & wouldn't be against him playing in front of a sitting DM. Need to get Florentino Luis before a huge club snaps him up.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I want us to move to a 433, so not sure Soumare would be the one to play as a DMC. I really like him though, same with Zaydou Youssouf at St Etienne. Camavinga would be the one though, getting better and better every time I watch him and only just turned 17, I still believe we can attract good talents as we did. Ziyech would be perfect because his work rate is phenomenal. Castrovilli is really interesting imo if you haven't seen much of him, amazing dribbler.
Will check out Castrovilli a bit more, very out of the loop on Serie A present. I only know that Jeremie Boga is having a good time out there.

Here's a good one. Kalvin Phillips from Leeds. Owing to Nketiah, I've seen a lot of Leeds and while I'm annoyed that Nketiah isn't playing more, they have arguably the best player in the entire division in Kalvin Phillips. Good ball-winner, intelligent and a good technician aswell. Good age aswell at 24, could slot in quickly.

HBL

Established Member
Will check out Castrovilli a bit more, very out of the loop on Serie A present. I only know that Jeremie Boga is having a good time out there.

Here's a good one. Kalvin Phillips from Leeds. Owing to Nketiah, I've seen a lot of Leeds and while I'm annoyed that Nketiah isn't playing more, they have arguably the best player in the entire division in Kalvin Phillips. Good ball-winner, intelligent and a good technician aswell. Good age aswell at 24, could slot in quickly.

Boga is having a very good season, exciting player and one of the most explosive players I've seen. Rough around the edges but there is potential, think Chelsea have a cheap buy back option. They'd be smart to utilise that.

Really like Phillips as well, just don't see him leaving Leeds in the next 18 months unless they fail to get promoted this season which is looking unlikely.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Decent game today. Once again put his life on the line to block, not for the first time this season I might add.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football

phillips is a good player, but he is used as a CB lately.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Sounds good, lets buy their best players in january, so they slip back into obscurity. The ones we cannot use, we can always send on loan to Boreham Wood.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Probably the player that has benefitted the most from Emery's sacking. Four games on the trot in the right position.

We cannot change all our midfield in one go. Torreira is probably the one we can get the most out of, in the shortest time...just by playing him in the right position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom