Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Aug 9, 2019.

1. bojed

bojed AM Resident Joker #1 Trusted

He's slowly getting back to the old Torreira who won five MoTMs back-to-back.

It really is funny how Emery bought Torreira, tuned him up to beast mode only to undo everything that made him into a good player in less than one year.

DJ_Markstar likes this.
  2. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Well-Known Member

He’s still crap people just rate his 5/10 performances high for some reason.

3. tcahill

tcahill Well-Known Member

Player's performances improve when played in proper position. Hardly cutting edge research.

DJ_Markstar likes this.
  4. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

Yep it's so common and I mention it all the time. People would rather be proved right than a player/coach do well. It's sad but that's life.

Lucas was really good when he first arrived but had a serious drop off and I can see why people have concerns. I really hope he can regain some good form. I think theres a very good player in him.

tcahill likes this.
  5. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Yes agree me too i was worried about that but since Freddie took over and he back playing DM there were few improvements

6. OnlyOne

Yep, no ones saying he's playing world class and putting in amazing performances that are incredible, people are saying his performances are improving, which they are.

I'm happy to see it.

skience3, say yes, bojed and 2 others like this.
  7. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

Motm for us again. Hope Arteta builds our midfield around him.

El Duderino likes this.
  8. JoaoFelix

JoaoFelix Well-Known Member

Arteta positional play has arrived. Clearly the best game we’ve had so far.

9. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

So many posters on here saying this guy is trash. He was absolutely superb today. Let’s see if they can be humble human beings x.

10. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Our best player today, should be our first CM on the teamsheet.

11. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

-Too short
    -Can’t pass
    -Too weak
    -Too slow

**** off. This guy is immense.

12. dka91

dka91 Well-Known Member

Yeah, honestly thank f*ck Emery is gone because he probably would've driven Torreira out of the club unnecessarily.

13. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

Xhaka - Torreira was working, will never understand why Emery broke it off.

14. grange

grange Well-Known Member

Played a great game. I think his only missteps were the heavy touch on the Özil backpass in the 1st and then he was trying to carry our attack through the middle and played a weak pass to Nelson(?) on the right during the 2nd half when Auba was free and waiting. I think I can live with that considering that's not really his game and the entire club is lacking confidence/form, atm.

15. OnlyOne

Needs a new partner with Xhaka leaving.

16. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

Was very good today. No surprise he became good again as soon he was put back in his actual position

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  17. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

Rumors are Rabiot will come here, but I would be happy also with Ceballos who is much more technical than Xhaka

18. pigge

pigge Wishes Wrestling Fans Liked Him

Great performance in a new position for this guy. Imagine özil playing this well as dm.

19. OnlyOne

Xhaka was playing some really really nice passes today, ones which Ceballos doesn't really have in his locker from what I've seen, Rabiot is a great passer though.

20. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

Rabiot isn't a great passer.