• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Kante is just exceptional. Still putting up these levels of defensive production in what looked like an off day & while dominating possession. On a different level to Lucas.

I didn't compare Torreira to Kanté, in fact I said "Torreira isn't Kanté" in response to another post in another thread.

Just pointing out the ludicrousness of equating lack of size with a lack of defensive presence in the midfield.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Kante is an elite athlete though, much quicker and insane stamina that makes up for his shortcomings..

Torreira had an amazing first half, best he’s played in a long time.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Torreira has been our best player the last few games, what are you guys on about :lol:

Last week Dan Gosling barged him off the ball easily for the goal and yesterday Jorginho just pushed him out the way like he was playing a kid before he scored.

Torreira is a libaility, couple Hollywood tackls blinded you lot, he gets bullied off the ball and leaves our midfield open to counter attacks.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I thought Torreira was decent yesterday, not great but he did what he does best, ie run at everyone for the ball and pass it quickly when he has it. It looks like he has his enthusiasm back!

roz

Fake News Merchant
Last week Dan Gosling barged him off the ball easily for the goal and yesterday Jorginho just pushed him out the way like he was playing a kid before he scored.

Torreira is a libaility, couple Hollywood tackls blinded you lot, he gets bullied off the ball and leaves our midfield open to counter attacks.
Let me guess? Needs to hit the gym?
Lets hope Luca got some body oil for Christmas

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Agenda everywhere seriously Some people can't stop trolling or they just don't like the player. He out preformed world cup winner Kante and people not admire Torreira no wonder our players hate our fanbase.
If you look at this thread, most of this **** comes from same people over and over again. Majority of our fans love the player but they will admit he had a rough patch with Emery which affected his game.

BigPoppaPump

Agenda everywhere seriously Some people can't stop trolling or they just don't like the player. He out preformed world cup winner Kante and people not admire Torreira no wonder our players hate our fanbase.

When did he out perform Kante? That's just delusion Kante was one of Chelsea's best players yesterday and he doesn't get pushed around like Torreira. How can you deny he was weak for the Jorginho goal?

Let me guess? Needs to hit the gym?
Lets hope Luca got some body oil for Christmas

So you guys don't have a problem with our players being barged off the ball like kids and us conceding because of it?

If you look at this thread, most of this **** comes from same people over and over again. Majority of our fans love the player but they will admit he had a rough patch with Emery which affected his game.

I feel like it's a popularity contest with Arsenal fans, like once you're popular you only get praise and any criticism is seen as unfair. But when you're not a fan favourite every little thing you do is seen as the worse. That's the difference between Torreira/Xhaka.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I feel like it's a popularity contest with Arsenal fans, like once you're popular you only get praise and any criticism is seen as unfair. But when you're not a fan favourite every little thing you do is seen as the worse. That's the difference between Torreira/Xhaka.
For me it's unfair that a player gets criticism for being too short or weak even though he is by far our best ball winner and usually does the defensive job for 2 people. On top of that, he is solid on the ball but for some still useless because he is not like Modric.
I didn't like Xhaka from day one but I was there to write positive comments when he had a good game. Same goes for Özil, I can say he is playing some great football at the moment but I never wanted him at our club.
If Torreira had a great game, he will still be too short for some here.

Reactions: roz

BigPoppaPump

For me it's unfair that a player gets criticism for being too short or weak even though he is by far our best ball winner and usually does the defensive job for 2 people. On top of that, he is solid on the ball but for some still useless because he is not like Modric.
I didn't like Xhaka from day one but I was there to write positive comments when he had a good game. Same goes for Özil, I can say he is playing some great football at the moment but I never wanted him at our club.
If Torreira had a great game, he will still be too short for some here.

He didn't have a great game, every 5/10 performance from him gets hyped up because he is a fan favourite. His style of play is all action, running around, making last ditch tackles that look good so people who can't see the big picture like him.

But when it comes to defending he's a liability at times, he is so weak and leaves our midfield open to counter attacks because he doesn't have positional discipline, just chases after the ball and never stops people getting into our box. He's a liability, a couple of tackles won't change that.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He didn't have a great game, every 5/10 performance from him gets hyped up because he is a fan favourite. His style of play is all action, running around, making last ditch tackles that look good so people who can't see the big picture like him.

But when it comes to defending he's a liability at times, he is so weak and leaves our midfield open to counter attacks because he doesn't have positional discipline, just chases after the ball and never stops people getting into our box. He's a liability, a couple of tackles won't change that.
Would be interesting to see Douzi next to Fabinho instead of Henderson. Maybe Fabinho would also be a liability when he needs to do the work for 2.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Put in a another good shift yesterday. When he was pushed over by Jorginho during the free kick from which they equalised is an interesting one.

Should he have been stronger or should VAR have called in a foul? It was certainly more of a foul than our infamous last min VAR disallowed goal against Palace.

Reactions: roz

BigPoppaPump

Would be interesting to see Douzi next to Fabinho instead of Henderson. Maybe Fabinho would also be a liability when he needs to do the work for 2.

Everyone elses fault right?

Put in a another good shift yesterday. When he was pushed over by Jorginho during the free kick from which they equalised is an interesting one.

Should he have been stronger or should VAR have called in a foul? It was certainly more of a foul than our infamous last min VAR disallowed goal against Palace.

Jorginho barely touched him Torreira should definitely been stronger. If that was given as a penalty in the other end we would go mad.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Kante was rubbish yesterday, especially in the first half.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

There’s two distinct camps for a lot of player slaying

(a) Those who don’t like a player but if they clearly have a good game will say “fair enough they played well.... still don’t like em” or something in the realms of “I didn’t like this player but they are slowly turning it around”

(b) Those who don’t like a player. Will camp in the threads waiting for a bad performance totally ignoring the good performances by either disappearing altogether or making ludicrous statements. It’s a bit naughty TBH, but people is people, we will have to explain our sins to JahJah in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom