• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
People need to be a little more understanding and move with the times. Modern football means your creativity doesn't actual come from the centre of the pitch. The days of you having a passer in midfield who breaks the press and feeds through balls through is gone in my opinion. We have been spoilt by having Fabgreas and Cazorla. Teams just dont have that player.

What you need to rely on his full backs who are competent passers and ball carriers so you can exit down the side of the pitch and combative dribblers with ball carrying and recovery ability so you do not lose the centre of the pitch.

People look at the progression of the ball and say Torreira isn't good enough because he isn't turning on a six pence, beating a man and then feeding the ball to our attackers on a plate, while also being amazing defensively. That player doesn't exist. That's Vieira. What you can buy is a more physical version of Torreira but you won't find one who can do literally everything.

Ball progression is a problem due to some of our attackers simply not being good enough in receiving the ball. Lacazette may work hard, but he consistently loses duels in the air, he can't relieve pressure by carrying thr ball or running into space. He can't consistently receive it into feet and he can't buy fouls. Its exactly the same for Özil. Probably worse as he can't even win it back if he loses it. Pepe can do it but he is outnumbered constantly. We can't expect him to wriggle past 3 players everytime he gets the ball.

Xhaka is basically a left back with no speed and agility passing the ball to someone like Luiz who is a more adventurous passer.

We have too many bodies just taking up positions. So many times Xhaka has the space to drive forward, draw someone out of position and pass the ball.

Torreira is the least of our problems.

I’m going to give up posting for a normal life and just co-sign yours

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
People need to be a little more understanding and move with the times. Modern football means your creativity doesn't actual come from the centre of the pitch. The days of you having a passer in midfield who breaks the press and feeds through balls through is gone in my opinion. We have been spoilt by having Fabgreas and Cazorla. Teams just dont have that player.

What you need to rely on his full backs who are competent passers and ball carriers so you can exit down the side of the pitch and combative dribblers with ball carrying and recovery ability so you do not lose the centre of the pitch.

People look at the progression of the ball and say Torreira isn't good enough because he isn't turning on a six pence, beating a man and then feeding the ball to our attackers on a plate, while also being amazing defensively. That player doesn't exist. That's Vieira. What you can buy is a more physical version of Torreira but you won't find one who can do literally everything.

Ball progression is a problem due to some of our attackers simply not being good enough in receiving the ball. Lacazette may work hard, but he consistently loses duels in the air, he can't relieve pressure by carrying thr ball or running into space. He can't consistently receive it into feet and he can't buy fouls. Its exactly the same for Özil. Probably worse as he can't even win it back if he loses it. Pepe can do it but he is outnumbered constantly. We can't expect him to wriggle past 3 players everytime he gets the ball.

Xhaka is basically a left back with no speed and agility passing the ball to someone like Luiz who is a more adventurous passer.

We have too many bodies just taking up positions. So many times Xhaka has the space to drive forward, draw someone out of position and pass the ball.

Torreira is the least of our problems.

I agree with everything you said until the end, Torreira is part of the problem like the rest he shouldn't be absolved of blame because he runs around a lot and is a fan favourite.

Torreira lacks physicality and stamina, our midfield gets bypassed a lot because he gets out of position trying to chase a tackle. Our whole team has chemistry issues.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
This is probably his ceiling. Good combative player but **** at passing.

Hope we upgrade him in the summer

Spot on, I'm afraid.

Did he make one single pass forward? Except for the one he started their attack that lead to their goal, of course.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Except for the one he started their attack that lead to their goal, of course.

As I said in the match thread you are the only person on the face of planet earth who has made an association of Torreira losing the ball to the equalising goal. The turnover wasn’t even included in the MOTD highlights.

Probably our best and most consistent player since Arteta took over and deserves our praise as the current time - keep it up Lucas!!

Furious

As I said in the match thread you are the only person on the face of planet earth who has made an association of Torreira losing the ball to the equalising goal. The turnover wasn’t even included in the MOTD highlights.

Probably our best and most consistent player since Arteta took over and deserves our praise as the current time - keep it up Lucas!!

I don't watch MOTD. Makes sense now why your knowledge of the game is so poor.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
People still reject the idea he is ball winner midfielder not creative playmaker. Do people realize the times he won the ball back? Or the amount of times he won the ball back in our box or protecting the defense? That what he does.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
He made one bad pass that was intercepted near Sheffield box that's doesn't mean that hie fault of the Sheffield goal it's doesn't even lead to counter attack because we have 7 players in our area

Pepes blue pill

No he isnt, I was at the game and felt the same, it was a stupid pass to even attempt as more often than not it goes to their player and then you are also out of position, however there was too long after it to blame it solely for the game, him and saka were our best players but he ****ed up with that pass

As for for the motd point :lol::lol::lol:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

I don't watch MOTD. Makes sense now why your knowledge of the game is so poor.

Was just pointing out that the BBC editing team, whose job it is to provide a contextual background for each goal felt that the turnover was irrelevant. If you want to use that as a jumping off point for a personal attack then you are of course well within your rights to do so.

I respect your rights to have views bother, even if they promote negativity and animosity.

Have a pleasant Sunday.

COYG!

Furious

Was just pointing out that the BBC editing team, whose job it is to provide a contextual background for each goal felt that the turnover was irrelevant. If you want to use that as a jumping off point for a personal attack then you are of course well within your rights to do so.

I respect your rights to have views bother, even if they promote negativity and animosity.

Have a pleasant Sunday.

COYG!

I'm just mirroring your and others' behavior. Hilarious how rattled you're and unable to take it isn't it. :drool:

99% of your posts are in the Özil thread posting rubbish Alan Shearer and other pashun experts on MOTD project into you. How's that for spreading negativity and animosity?

Torreira clearly cost us yesterday. Any other player does that, and they're hung for it. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of it.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

99% of your posts are in the Özil thread posting rubbish Alan Shearer and other pashun experts on MOTD project into you. How's that for spreading negativity and animosity?

:lol: A simple click on my posting history will confirm that this statement is a complete and uttter fabrication.

I hope everything is going OK for you mate? Have a good week. Let’s back Lucas, a player on form at the moment!

Furious

:lol: A simple click on my posting history will confirm that this statement is a complete and uttter fabrication.

I hope everything is going OK for you mate? Have a good week. Let’s back Lucas, a player on form at the moment!

Right, my bad, I forgot a good chunk, where you post in large letters. :lol:

Anyhow, as I just said, I'm just mirroring what others are doing.. yet you're getting your knees twisted because it doesn't suit your agenda. How convenient.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There's no reason why we should stick to playing a two-pivot system in the future. Torreira playing the Fernandinho role with two more well-rounded, versatile midfielders in a 4-3-3 would work pretty well. Not going to work with Xhaka not being able to go forward and Özil not being mobile enough, which is why he both need to be replaced before we start thinking about replacing Torreira.
He's not shown anything so far which would make me build the whole team around him.

People still reject the idea he is ball winner midfielder not creative playmaker. Do people realize the times he won the ball back? Or the amount of times he won the ball back in our box or protecting the defense? That what he does.
Why doesn't everyone do the same in the Özil and Laca threads?

Judge everyone by the same stick.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That's not what I said.
Well, it implies that we change the tactics and move a few players just to mask his deficiencies. I would only be willing to do that for a really special player.

Wenger sold Vieira for Cesc. Also did it for RvP, Ramsey, Alexis, Özil.

But I'd rather sell Torreira or keep him on the bench, rather than change our whole shape.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Is he the answer to win the league? No. Is he low down on the list of players we should be thinking of replacing? Yes for me.

Think we should play 3 CMs and have him at the base with two more ahead of him. Think with a more limited role he is a good ball winner and a good forward passer with the game in front of him.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Well, it implies that we change the tactics and move a few players just to mask his deficiencies. I would only be willing to do that for a really special player.

Wenger sold Vieira for Cesc. Also did it for RvP, Ramsey, Alexis, Özil.

But I'd rather sell Torreira or keep him on the bench, rather than change our whole shape.

It doesn't imply that. It implies a hierarchy of priorities.

Replacing the entire midfield in one summer is a tall order. What I'm saying is that replacing Torreira ranks last in that hierarchy for me. Xhaka and Özil need to be replaced first, then possibly Torreira.

I think we should switch to a three-man midfield with or without Torreira - so that's irrelevant.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
He's not shown anything so far which would make me build the whole team around him.

Why doesn't everyone do the same in the Özil and Laca threads?

Judge everyone by the same stick.
Laca and Özil haven't show anything lately to give them praise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom