Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Aug 9, 2019.

1. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Well-Known Member

I said he can be upgraded on but he shouldn't be the first to be upgraded. Put some pace in midfield with him and forwards who can receive the ball to feet back to goal, or run behind and Torreira instantly looks better.

Macho, Riou and DanDare like this.
  2. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

People don't seem to be able to prioritise our issues with the squad.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    Trilly and Macho like this.
  3. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

He wins the ball FAR more than any other player on this team and that's obvious.

4. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

Lucas Torreira is the least of our worries in our midfield. Since Arteta has come in and has played him in a position and in a setup that works for him he has been very solid. Can think of several other positions that need addressing before we start thinking about moving him.

Macho and The_Playmaker like this.
  5. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Could Never Wifey An Opp Thot

Most people agree that at Arsenal our midfield is the biggest problem, guess who's part of that midfield? You guessed it Lucas Torreira, so how is he the least of our worries if he's part of our biggest issue?

irishgunnerz likes this.
  6. CaseUteinberger

As I wrote, “Lucas Torreira is the least of our worries in our midfield”. Not sure what is unclear. Of all our midfield players he is the one I have the least issues with. I understand you do not rate him. I rate him highly. So we disagree on that player.

zilfy likes this.
  7. tcahill

tcahill Well-Known Member

We struggle to score goals so Aubameyang must be a terrible CF. We concede plenty so Leno must be a bum keeper too.

8. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

Solid game. Fair play to him

9. Santi's Left Foot

Santi's Left Foot Sleeps in Theo's bed

Another brilliant game, almost flawless. He should be getting the most plaudits above Xhaka.

10. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

Xhaka was better which is why he’s getting the most plaudits.

11. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Well-Known Member

Better? In what world? He didn't step up for their goal. Torreira handled the Chelsea midfield by himself until Guendouzi came on.

His work on the ball was very impressive also.

Camron likes this.
  12. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

Stop engaging him. He clearly has an agenda because he picks and chooses the part of the sentence he wants to reply to.

13. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

I think he had a better game considering the circumstances. Playing in CB with ten men against waves of constant Chelsea pressure.

That’s why he’s getting the plaudits, because they were deserved.

14. CaseUteinberger

Point taken. Cheers!

15. bandaid

bandaid Active Member

i dont want to prejudge a player. Santi too was small and people said he wasnt good enough for a top side. Lets see how Lucas does. Guy has gotten so far on merit, which speaks a lot to his good qualities.

Hopefully AMN or Willock or a new buy provides us some options and cover for xhaka/torreira.

16. irishgunnerz

irishgunnerz Moderator Moderator

Comparing Xhaka to Torreira last night is pointless. Both stood up and were counted in different ways.

When they play together under Arteta they seek to have formed a decent partnership. It's when Torreira goes off I get worried ( and he looks exhausted recently)

17. El Granit-Coq

El Granit-Coq Well-Known Member

We can't sell this guy. Mainstay in our midfield. As already mentioned, he was never a problem, the system he was forced to play under was the issue.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  18. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Could Never Wifey An Opp Thot

Me having an agenda? That's libel.

19. GunnerShy

GunnerShy Well-Known Member

I slated him off, but he's been very good since Arteta come in. Far from flawless but one of the first names on the team sheet and the first in midfield.

20. MikeVinna

MikeVinna Well-Known Member

No comments?!

Hope he gets better soon but that looked like a huge amount of pain. Lets hope its nothing career-threatening.

Not sure getting the ball warrants making such a risky two-legged challenge either.

YeahBee likes this.