Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Aug 9, 2019.

1. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

To me it borders on the absurd. It is every game almost. Mike Dean sure is bad but he is by no means alone.

Hleb's Sirush and celestis like this.
  2. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

3. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Shows that rest doesn’t prevent injury.

What’s absurd is that commentators said it was a good tackle and there was nothing wrong with it.

4. roz

roz Well-Known Member

Imagine if it had been done to Henderson or TAA. That Portsmouth player would have been sent to the gallows

5. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

The way the tackle on him was dismissed really ****ing annoyed me. The guy clattered through the back of him and left him writhing- but of course Mike Dean sees it as a fair challenge.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  6. CaseUteinberger

It’s all so ****ing shameful! I am not against tackles but reckless tackles like that need to be punished. We have been mistreated by the refs for so long. Mike Dean is just one of the worse examples. That ******* ****!

Taylor Gang Gunners likes this.
  7. CaseUteinberger

Sorry everyone for having chosen this thread to rant but I am really tired of it and want the club and fans to wake up and protest loudly.

Eaststander74 likes this.
  8. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

That is the worst part of it. That tackle has been acknowledged as a fair tackle by nearly everyone not associated with our club. Which means it gives the green light for any team to rough us up by just clattering us. It is only a matter of time before Pepe suffers a similar injury if the refs keep allowing those challenges.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  9. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

10. Hunta

Hunta NOT In A Caravan Trusted

Hopefully he's fit by the summer so we can sell him.

11. freeglennhelder2

Bolton on Torreira
    McNair on Wilshere
    Essien on Diaby
    Taylor on Eduardo

Guess the referee in these four games and total number of cards issued for the incidents.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  12. Marjorie

Marjorie Well-Known Member

Smith on Diaby as well

13. freeglennhelder2

Nah fam. Dermot Gallagher was the ref for that game. Mike Dean was the ref for the other 4. He issued only one card, for the Eduardo incident and he even looked reluctant for that one :lol:

14. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Wouldn't really lump it in with some of the tackles mentioned like Ramsey / Diaby.

The Ramsey & Diaby ones were shocking where a break the expected outcome watching it.

Jack vs Mcnair was very unlucky... maybe a bit dirty but both going for a ball infront coming in at angles.

I cant remember the Eduardo tackle & dont really want to watch again.

krackpot likes this.
  15. Marjorie

Marjorie Well-Known Member

Mixing up my bald referees :rofl:

Probably only brandished the red when he could see the damage done and knew he had do something

16. freeglennhelder2

Yeah Im defo not saying the challenge was as bad, just the refereeing connection. It’s open season on us when he is in charge.

CaseUteinberger and Garrincha like this.
  17. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

sad news
    rest in pepperoni, Lucas

grange likes this.
  18. freeglennhelder2

Very similar type of challenge here. No foul awarded.

And the referee is....go on. Have a guess.....

CaseUteinberger and krackpot like this.
  19. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

You compare that tackle to the one Xhaka did that Jon Moss red carded him for, and you have to wonder if the ID of the player "helps" them in their decision making.

CaseUteinberger and Riou like this.
  20. CaseUteinberger

Just shows the double standard. That is a red all day long. Was listening to the Football Daily podcast where Steve Bruce was lauding the red card decision against Southampton yesterday as the Southampton player was coming over the ball in the tackle. That tackle on Pepe was totally reckless, the guy is totally out of control and in the air and could easily have broken Pepe’s ankle as the tackle did Torreira’s. The double standard is just mind boggling and teams know it. They know they can always have a go at our players and that when we fans or our players complain we are just soft and whiny. The PL refs and Mike Dean are just a bunch of mega ****s!