Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Aug 9, 2019.

1. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

Member when Torreira was our best player for a pretty long period of time in first half of 18/19 season that culminating in him bossing Liverpool at Emirates? I member.
    Member that players from other leagues often needs a substantial transition period to perform regularly on top level? Oh, i member.
    Member that he has played extremely much outside of Arsenal these years, and had problems with injuries? O geee, i really do member!
    Member that he is still very young and will flourish the more adapted he gets and with the possibility to play with a consistent midfield partner?
    Oh sweet lord i really do member now!

#JusticeForLucas

CaseUteinberger and tcahill like this.
  2. UpTheGunnerz

#PartOfTheSolutionNotTheProblem

Riou likes this.
  3. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

I genuinely thought he would be Barcelona bound after the first half of last season, probably overrated his performances a tad, but he was still very good :lol:

The best performance I have watched from Lucas was the World Cup game against Portugal, thought he was excellent against Ronaldo and co, was so excited to watch him play for us after that game.

UpTheGunnerz likes this.
  4. UpTheGunnerz

He is constantly putting up great performances for the national teams. Speaks volumes about what potential he has!

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  5. Aussie_gunner123

Aussie_gunner123 Well-Known Member

If he is in his national side & puts up good performances for them, I feel as though he has good potential, give him another year or 2, if he finds his top potential by then keep him & he'll probably be a worthy squad player. On the other hand, if he can't find consistent top performances then I guess we'll have to sell him. Imo though he'll find it & will be worth keeping.

6. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

“Lucas is very well, he is strong,” Professor Damián Abreu told Impacto Azul FM, relayed by Tenfield.

“He’s fine in his head. It’s normal, given the injury he has in the fracture of the fibula, that he feels some pain.

“That will be present in training and in daily life. As long as it is a pain he can bear, he can train peacefully.”

sell imo

krackpot likes this.
  7. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member

I’ve never particularly rated tbh. I like his tenacity but he can barely pass 5 yards.

8. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Some around here will be happy.

American_Gooner likes this.
  9. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

That's sucks meaning he'll keep getting injured and in position he play in it'll be high risk.

10. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

IF TRUE, then yes, sell. But with all the other agent games going on, I wonder if this is Torreira's agent trying to force him out Arsenal's door?

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  11. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Got to love your doctor giving an interview.

12. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Tru dat. A very small minority were laughing in the match thread when the tackle went in.

Takes all sorts to make a world I guess.

Marjorie, Riou and say yes like this.
  13. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

I rate Torreria, but South American midfielders with a bit of bite are a dime a dozen. His replacement wouldn't even need to be from South America.

He is replaceable.

14. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

Wouldn’t really be a loss if we sold him, even though I rate him...if we are continuing with the 4-2-3-1, Lucas doesn’t have the legs to play in a midfield 2 in England over the course of the season anyway.

Think he would be very good in the Makalele role if we switched to a 3 man centre midfield though.

15. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Well-Known Member

Torreira is just the midfield version of Vermaelen; fans see him being all action, winning the ball with fancy tackles and love him because of it. This is making them ignore how his football brain is awful and how he's always out of position causing our midfield to be porous. Comparing him to Makalele is laughable and a denial of how Torreira would have played more under both Emery and Arteta if they actually trusted his defending.

16. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Seems like some of our lads have hard at it during lockdown. Hopefully will add a few million to the fee we receive for him.

Artisan and Riou like this.
  17. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member

You’re a proper wet blanket init :lol:

I don’t rate Torreira myself but I don’t even think it’s that deep honestly.

18. Tir Na Nog

I never seen Breaking Bad but I have been taking some shirtless pics recently and sending them to some of my lady friends!

Riou likes this.
  19. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

Why? Are they asking for it?

20. Tir Na Nog

Dodgy question in this day and age tbh.

BigPoppaPump likes this.