• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Still only 23. Often I'm too harsh on young(ish) players. Today I read Jaap Stam at the age of 23 and being transferred from Cambuur to Willem II :lol:

Lucas is going to be important for us I think. But he has to improve a lot when he has the ball. Often doesn't want it under pressure.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
No excuses for him this season. Unless he has another level in him he will be 4/5th choice CM

At his best last season he looked like a star. He was our most valuable player, especially in big games. He faded during the winter months, but that's normal for his first season in the Premier league. He was overworked for sure, covering for defensive liabilities like Xhaka, Guendouzi and Kola.

KingHenry14

Definitely a key player for us, especially with how uncertain our defence is looking. A staple in the team in my opinion.

I feel we are going to see great things from him this season.

StefanB

Think he'll be excellent as long as we keep playing a varation of 4-3-3 with him as the deepest midfielder.

Lost all his form and basically looked lost when we played 5 at the back and he was pushed further forward..

I genuinely love this guy when he's in-form.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Big season coming up for him. He'll probably be the most important player along with Xhaka, if we want to get near any trophies.

with Bayern, Madrid and Barcelona all looking out for a CM, he could really push his career to the next level.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'll give him a pass for falling off a cliff in terms of his form last season. But it was quite worrying how mediocre he was post January, can't really remember too many top performances from him which matched the Liverpool and NLD performances of the first half of the season, maybe Napoli?

Need him to be consistent throughout the course of the season, I'll give him a pass for it was his first season in English football. Let's hope it doesn't happen again this season.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He was our best player for the first half of last season and dropped 3 levels when Emery changed formation.
If we go back to a 3 in midfield formation, he will easily be our best midfielder again, especially if Ceballos and Willock play around him.
His ability to win the ball is out of this world and he is also very composed in possession.
My only concern about his game is that he can't cover a lot of ground due to his size. He needs to be as close as possible to opposition midfielder to win the ball fast, not covering space.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
He was our best player for the first half of last season and dropped 3 levels when Emery changed formation.
If we go back to a 3 in midfield formation, he will easily be our best midfielder again, especially if Ceballos and Willock play around him.
His ability to win the ball is out of this world and he is also very composed in possession.
My only concern about his game is that he can't cover a lot of ground due to his size. He needs to be as close as possible to opposition midfielder to win the ball fast, not covering space.

Willock beside him will help out a lot in terms of defensive contribution. Willock has very good positioning and anticipation already at 19. Really long limbs too and very combative. I really hope Willock develops the way we want cause he has everything you need in a modern day CM.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I'll give him a pass for falling off a cliff in terms of his form last season. But it was quite worrying how mediocre he was post January, can't really remember too many top performances from him which matched the Liverpool and NLD performances of the first half of the season, maybe Napoli?

Need him to be consistent throughout the course of the season, I'll give him a pass for it was his first season in English football. Let's hope it doesn't happen again this season.
Often happens to players that are used to a winter break. Came straight after a world cup tournament too. Hope he grows over it.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
he got found out in a physical league after a good start. Will need to remodel his game a bit to survive.

Manberg

Predator
What happened to the narrative that he doesn’t like London and wants out?
Will he be committed to us?

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
If Lucas and Joe form a successful partnership in our midfield my dreams will have come true.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

El-Neny needs to be stripped of his number & have it passed on to Lucas. A clear message that his presence at this club is no longer desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom