• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Are you in the wrong thread? This is Torreira who will have his 2nd EPL season, not Xhaka? :)

Correct thread bro. The other midfield options have started the season well, especially willock. Torreira didn't have the best of runs towards the end of last season. Hopefully a challenge will see him return to his best form.

Stannis

Weird how so many fans seem to be forgetting about him

For me when match fit, he is a nailed on starter

Yes he fell away at the end of last season, but a lot of players do in their first season in the PL, especially those who are playing all comps and put in the work rate that Lucas does.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

Yes he fell away at the end of last season, but a lot of players do in their first season in the PL, especially those who are playing all comps and put in the work rate that Lucas does.

100% agree with this. Remember all the pundits and opposition fans were gushing about him at the start of last season?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I agree, for me I'd start Willock & Torreira with Ceballos in No10 role. Same as yesterday but Torreira for Guendouzi, even though he's small it would toughen our midfield up because Guendouzi is pretty lightweight. Xhaka can stay on the bench.

Impact

Established Member
Had a bit of a spring in his step today. Needs games IMO.

Which was good to see, particularly as he looked so leggy towards the end of last season. Guendouzi's continued growth and Willock's emergence puts some pressure on Torreira this season. Hope he rises to it.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

More than anything, this guy has the appearance of a born winner on the pitch. A characteristic which has been in chronically short supply in our squad over the last couple of seasons.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Very pleased with Lucas yesterday. Had a nightmare at Anfield last season, so felt good seeing him do good.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully Emery got the clown that convinced him sacked.

The squad last season needed both types of players & same to this day. Same old cheap Arsenal going into seasons a player short costing the manager.

A physical, disciplined & measured DM gets you more than one clean sheet away from home last year.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

He needs to earn his place he’s no guarantee. He didn’t just dall away end of last season he was abysmal for half the season after January, just another El-Neny. He was out performed by Guendouzi in his first season too, Lucas needs to step it up big time this season, no more coddling players at Arsenal.

Great read.

Wish we got the 6’4 giant instead, miss when our midfield were all big guys.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

He didn’t just dall away end of last season he was abysmal for half the season after January, just another El-Neny. He was out performed by Guendouzi in his first season too, Lucas needs to step it up big time this season, no more coddling players at Arsenal.

You can say he dell away at the end of the season
You can say he was abysmal
You can say he was out performed by Doozy
But don’t you ever compare him to Mohammed “body in the pool” El-Neny :lol:

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
He needs to earn his place he’s no guarantee. He didn’t just dall away end of last season he was abysmal for half the season after January, just another El-Neny. He was out performed by Guendouzi in his first season too, Lucas needs to step it up big time this season, no more coddling players at Arsenal.

Wish we got the 6’4 giant instead, miss when our midfield were all big guys.

Elite posting.

Torreria in away games like Napoli and Valencia had 15 passes in each game.

Utterly embarrassing, even Elneny isn't that much of a coward.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Glad to see some people can see past his goal and celebration in the NLD last season and see that he was absolutely appalling post Christmas. Still cannot forget what Pogba did to him in the FA Cup, it was literally man vs child. I think a couple of the EL games he was alright but for the majority of 2019 he's been below par and I think we should hold our players to higher standards than just simply focusing on the games at home to Liverpool and Sp**s from the first half of the season for example. We should demand more.

Imo, the pressure is on him. Physically Guendouzi trumps him, he probably trumps him on the ball too as he's got the ability to carry the a ball and plays at a better tempo. Torreira obviously tactically much better at this stage of their careers but Guendouzi will improve in that regard. For Emery the ideal is that once Guendouzi improves defensively and tactically without the ball he'll be one of the nailed ons tarters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom