• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'll be sad for him as he tries hard, and our tactics make it impossible for him to shine.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Sí. Yes. Ja. Da. Ouí.

Because he's playing him further forward? He was super poor in his regular position for the majority of last season as well, simply doesn't offer enough on the ball.

Think it's actually credit to Emery for trying to make use of his extremely limited skillset. We've seen it before with Wenger playing Coquelin as destroyer too, Sarri(and now Lamps?) with Kante, although I'd argue he was a B2B at Leicester as well, but his shortcomings weren't exploited then, in a midfield 3 he has to do more(mostly) offensive work, which isn't his strongest side obviously.

Last edited:

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Because he's playing him further forward? He was super poor in his regular position for the majority of last season as well, simply doesn't offer enough on the ball.

Think it's actually credit to Emery for trying to make use of his extremely limited skillset. We've seen it before with Wenger playing Coquelin as destroyer too, Sarri(and now Lamps?) with Kante, although I'd argue he was a B2B at Leicester as well, but his shortcomings weren't exploited then, in a midfield 3 he has to do more(mostly) offensive work, which isn't his strongest side obviously.

The whole team started to perform poorly second part of the season, and you are right that Lucas performances dipped. His first half of the season, however, must be enough (for me anyways) to warrant some leeway and to give him time to integrate to the league. I think he showed more than enough quality to grant him that time. Him barely have any proper rest hasn't helped him either i think. Don't think he is limited, skillwise. Just think he is extremely thin on confidence atm, and there i think Emery have a responsibility to enable him to do what he does best from his natural position.

It could be that he is ill suited to the league, and that the first half of last season was a fluke or whatever. But he should imo get more time to prove himself. He was glorious for Uruguay a couple of nights ago.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
No Napoli please

No Italian clubs full stop, these timewasting peasants should all be banned from the transfer market.
Imagine a homeless bloke walking into a Mercedes showroom and saying "I'm prepared to take the new C-Class on an 18 month loan with an obligation to buy if I reach a certain number of miles, to be decided by me".
They are also clearly going to play him until he is one game from meeting the clause and then leave him out/make up an injury.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Bro you sh*tting on Kante?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Absolutely not.

He’s way more naturally gifted than Torreira on the ball though, he does the work of two midfielders in there.

He’s been decent going forwards this year, got a couple of goals already. Best midfielder in the world imo.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
He’s way more naturally gifted than Torreira on the ball though, he does the work of two midfielders in there.

He’s been decent going forwards this year, got a couple of goals already. Best midfielder in the world imo.

Obviously. However in a midfield two he can show his worth both defensively and offensively, which he did for Leicester.

When deployed as RCM in a midfield 3 for the most part he's tasked to be offensive minded, which he struggles a bit with imo. Not as natural in the role as say Pogba.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We should get at least what we paid to get him between 25-30M. We really shouldn't sell because he is good player we can't do nothing about it he just don't seem to like it here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom