• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
See I think the opposite, people on this site exaggerate the positives of a player they do like. Torreira has never been fantastic or an amazing DM, if he was he would never have been moved forward by Emery or dropped completely by Arteta.

He's literally our worst midfielder but you claimed he's the best multiple times, his performances were poor in the majority of games played here. People just put this idea in their minds that he was this amazing DM because they watched him in the World Cup.

I think post Arsène Wenger you're very generous to these players, remember when he was still here and you were a harsher critic. You had a whole profile pic about Giroud being a donkey ffs!
Was revealed a while ago that Emery never wanted Torreira because he wants his DM to be tall to clear up balls in front of the back 4. That’s why he was always played further forward (which is dumb).

When Arteta has used him, he’s used him in that deeper role (where he was great). However, we don’t play with two DMs and our midfield is devoid of creativity so his time on the pitch has obviously been limited.

We’ll see who is right when he moves to his next club. I think he will be great if bought to play DM in a more traditional setup.

I try to be positive when I can. Just four seasons watching Giroud bumble around up front absolutely broke me.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta wants to sign another CB, CM and forward

It's time to Partey boys and girls

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If these rumours are true I'm certainly not against the deal, Torreira had decent potential but I never thought he was going to end up being a major important player for us in the end, probably not up to PL standard.

As long as this guy isn't an alternative to Partey & we are still in for him then I'm willing to see how he goes aswell. We could have a completely new look midfield this season if Partey still comes in.

Gunners1616

Might as well keep Torreira if the replacement is not a certified upgrade.

Lucas has 3 years left and he already knows the PL .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom