• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: Garra Charrua

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

As crazy as it sounds as Gouendouzi just played 2 friendly games and is 19 years old, this could yet end up being our best pairing
Sounds pretty mental at this stage. Basically rules out Ramsey, Xhaka, Amn and Elneny for two players that haven't played a competitive game for us.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Must be a real eye opener for Lucas going from the calibre of player at sampdoria to here.

In my head Torreira is already the best player to have ever played football, so I think of it as he's doing us a favour by coming here and gracing us with his presence. But in reality it's a big step up for him. His experiences of senior football have been with Pescara, Sampdoria and Uruguay. The latter has quality players, but the setup is small compared to Arsenal.

I was thinking about the Spanish players like Bellerin being useful to help him settle, but actually it's more like Emi Martinez. As an Argentine that could be his standout contribution this season.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
In my head Torreira is already the best player to have ever played football, so I think of it as he's doing us a favour by coming here and gracing us with his presence. But in reality it's a big step up for him. His experiences of senior football have been with Pescara, Sampdoria and Uruguay. The latter has quality players, but the setup is small compared to Arsenal.

I was thinking about the Spanish players like Bellerin being useful to help him settle, but actually it's more like Emi Martinez. As an Argentine that could be his standout contribution this season.

Yeah, keeping Martinez as third choice, regardless of the fact that he's better than Macey, to help Torreira get adjusted to the squad might be one of the biggest decisions Emery makes this season.

Torreira speaks almost no English, and tons of South Americans struggle during their first year in England because they don't like the weather, the food, and other cultural stuff.

And yeah, this is an absolutely massive move for him. It might take him a little while to get fully acclimated to the league, a new team, and a new culture.

Song Billong

Yeah, keeping Martinez as third choice, regardless of the fact that he's better than Macey, to help Torreira get adjusted to the squad might be one of the biggest decisions Emery makes this season.

Torreira speaks almost no English, and tons of South Americans struggle during their first year in England because they don't like the weather, the food, and other cultural stuff.

And yeah, this is an absolutely massive move for him. It might take him a little while to get fully acclimated to the league, a new team, and a new culture.

We need to go all out to make sure his transition and assimilation is smooth

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
You can see Emery already gave him a little bit of extra attention, speaking with him in Spanish, and half serious - half-jokingly explained how Auba speaks tons of languages, etc.

On the side note, I am sad how Campbell is always alone in the training videos. :(

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
Most players are usually given 7 days minimum of training before playing a game. As he only starts today you do the math.
From Arsenal.com
At the moment I’m very happy with the players that are here with us. We also have others still to come, like Nacho Monreal, Lucas and Xhaka, who will start to get minutes on Saturday. I am telling you that we’re speaking inside and we are OK. There is only a possibility that we sign someone if it’s a good opportunity.
My math is better than yours...

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
From Arsenal.com
At the moment I’m very happy with the players that are here with us. We also have others still to come, like Nacho Monreal, Lucas and Xhaka, who will start to get minutes on Saturday. I am telling you that we’re speaking inside and we are OK. There is only a possibility that we sign someone if it’s a good opportunity.
My math is better than yours...
Why? I think he will definitely get some minutes in two of them.

I don't know why but you seem to have taken that comment to heart. It's no big deal, but I did put 'most' and 'usually'. If they get minutes on Saturday then great, but none of them were ever gonna feature last night which was my original point that I would be surprised if they played in both games.......See here:
Would be surprised if we see him in either of the remaining friendly games.

I'm all for exchanging opinions but you seem to be fishing for an argument which I have zero interest in.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
You can see Emery already gave him a little bit of extra attention, speaking with him in Spanish, and half serious - half-jokingly explained how Auba speaks tons of languages, etc.

On the side note, I am sad how Campbell is always alone in the training videos. :(

He's hardly been here in the last few seasons and is not part of our plans. I guess players pally up with players who will be here this season.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
He's hardly been here in the last few seasons and is not part of our plans. I guess players pally up with players who will be here this season.

There's that and plus a lot of new faces in the squad that he wont know so it's not surprising he looked isolated in the small amount of footage released.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
I hate fishing, and you seem a bit touchy. Funny, when your “math comment” was quite arrogant.

I don't know why but you seem to have taken that comment to heart. It's no big deal, but I did put 'most' and 'usually'. If they get minutes on Saturday then great, but none of them were ever gonna feature last night which was my original point that I would be surprised if they played in both games.......See here:

I'm all for exchanging opinions but you seem to be fishing for an argument which I have zero interest in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom