• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: Garra Charrua

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Cost us a goal, almost 2

Of position way too much which messed up the whole new defensive setup

The more you do on a football pitch, the more errors you will make, that's how I look at it. If you scored them out of 10, Guendouzi would be a 7 even with his errors, Xhaka would be a 5. Will be interesting to see how Guendouzi is by Christmas, Xhaka I'm sure will be the same.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
The more you do on a football pitch, the more errors you will make, that's how I look at it. If you scored them out of 10, Guendouzi would be a 7 even with his errors, Xhaka would be a 5. Will be interesting to see how Guendouzi is by Christmas, Xhaka I'm sure will be the same.

And with goals like that caused we will be far of fourth for it to matter

Why not build up momentum, be in a place to finish adequatly and use him as a bonus?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
And with goals like that caused we will be far of fourth for it to matter

Why not build up momentum, be in a place to finish adequatly and use him as a bonus?

Tbh I don't expect him to start regularly this side of Christmas, I was surprised he started today but the fact Emery started him and kept him on for 90 mins excites me. He has a lot to learn but he has a lot to offer too. Xhaka for me has not improved since he joined us, I cant get excited about that. I would like to see him start alongside Torreira against a regular PL team and then see how he is.

Zaza

4-3-3 with Torreira Ramsey and Özil as the midfield 3 and Auba - Laca - Iwobi / Mkhitaryan. Best bet for now.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Torreira-Guendouzi it will be, mark my words. The third midfielder? Probably Özil. But Ramsey and Xhaka shall be benched.
Hope you're right mate. The 2 of them are tragic.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'd like to see him start competitively. He showed really good instincts to cover defensively when he came on yesterday - demonstrations of which we've seen in the WC and in his compilation highlights.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
It may not be an exaggeration to say that the outcome of our season may rest on his shoulders. Our defence is fairly pedestrian, unless we get better cover from midfield than we did last season we'll let in another 40 plus goals. Difficult to get into the top four conceding so many unless you score 100+ goals which we don't look like doing.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Torreira. Looks like the kind of player we have needed for years. Remember the way he just kept running backwards instead of committing himself to force a City player to make a wrong pass and intercepted it neatly. Very matured player for his age.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Definitely. Not been bought to sit on the sidelines and he looked upto speed in his brief appearance last Sunday. Got a feeling auba is gonna love this guy with the way he can spot a run.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
4-3-3 with Torreira Ramsey and Özil as the midfield 3 and Auba - Laca - Iwobi / Mkhitaryan. Best bet for now.

Mkhitaryan the worst player on the pitch vs city? He gets to start?

Leno
Bell, Tafi, Sok, Licht
Xhaka, Lucas, Ramsey
Özil. Auba
Laca

Or 4312 for me

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

You could see the immediate difference he made in our defensive intensity when he came on. Of course that was undone by some trademark stupidity and lapses but he's exactly what we've been missing for years. I feel a little sorry for Wenger because he might have won another title in the years we came close if he had a player like this. He's got a bit of Kante and a bit of Verratti to his game and it is a treat to watch.I think Sven has got to be given a ton of credit for potentially solving a decade of absolute woe in midfield spending about 38 million on 2 extraordinary bargains in Lucas and Matteo. We finally have a pair of midfielders with actual complimentary skillsets still years away from their prime who can hopefully grow and develop together while still being highly effective and earning us points.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I like Emerys management of Lucas providing he starts vs West Ham.

We lost both these games with him starting a few might be asking for Xhaka recall.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You could see the immediate difference he made in our defensive intensity when he came on. Of course that was undone by some trademark stupidity and lapses but he's exactly what we've been missing for years. I feel a little sorry for Wenger because he might have won another title in the years we came close if he had a player like this. He's got a bit of Kante and a bit of Verratti to his game and it is a treat to watch.I think Sven has got to be given a ton of credit for potentially solving a decade of absolute woe in midfield spending about 38 million on 2 extraordinary bargains in Lucas and Matteo. We finally have a pair of midfielders with actual complimentary skillsets still years away from their prime who can hopefully grow and develop together while still being highly effective and earning us points.

He had the chances to get one, with the carrot of CL football but went spunked 35m on someone like Xhaka. No sympathy from me.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He looked mentally sharp apart from napping for the third goal but he did look a little rusty physically. I hope he gets match fit quickly. He's good at sniffing out danger and his forward passing is even better than I thought. I hope he and Matteo can stay fit. The third MF is a head scratcher atm. I'm all for trying Elneny now.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

He looked mentally sharp apart from napping for the third goal but he did look a little rusty physically. I hope he gets match fit quickly. He's good at sniffing out danger and his forward passing is even better than I thought. I hope he and Matteo can stay fit. The third MF is a head scratcher atm. I'm all for trying Elneny now.

I liked your post until you said Elneny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom