• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: Garra Charrua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I'd like to see Guendouzi start the Europa League game and Torreira in the lineup against Everton. Apparently Lucas got a lot of love on Match of the Day:

Shearer said: "Torreira came on and he changed the game, he came on and bossed the midfield, his first thought was 'can I go forward, can I get it into the centre-forward'. They get that free-kick and they score from it.

"Arsenal were much the better team in the second half and he just kept everything moving, everything ticking along. They were patient, didn't hurry things, got into good positions.

"Torreira allowed them to get players into the box."

And when presenter Gary Lineker mentioned that fellow pundit Ian Wright had been clamouring for him to be given his chance, the Arsenal legend added: "I'm delighted, he wants to get the ball forward, wants to attack, and get us in those positions, that's why I wanted him to play."

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/players/its-lucas-torreira-love-match-15157870

Can't disagree with any of that.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Anyone of you thought of Emery not playing him from the start just to be safe? We’re not sure what (small) injury he picked up playing for Uruguay but we know he was subbed off yes? Perhaps be a little bit reasonable instead of making our manager look stupid.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Anyone of you thought of Emery not playing him from the start just to be safe? We’re not sure what (small) injury he picked up playing for Uruguay but we know he was subbed off yes? Perhaps be a little bit reasonable instead of making our manager look stupid.
yeah. Also, I think Emery wants to make use to the energy Doozy brings at the start.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

I've been saying all along that he would be eased into the starting lineup after coming back later than most others following the World Cup. Whether he would have started had he not had to come off in the international game last week, it's hard to say. Emery may also be wanting to keep Guendouzi's confidence up until he can switch him more to cup games. I fail to see how anything Emery has done here could possibly make him look stupid. People saying things on the internet doesn't change that. People who say stupid things only make themselves look stupid.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
yeah. Also, I think Emery wants to make use to the energy Doozy brings at the start.
Not to mention we have no on several occassions caught the opposition with their pants down after half time. Almost as if we've conned them into believing we're at a slow tempo and boom Emery puts in a change and we rocket into control of games. Did this with Lacazette as well.

Whether or not that is planned is debatable but I'm going with planned.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
As with so much of this sort of crap, this seems to be pure speculation. Not even a slight attempt at sourcing or making it sound like some sort of informed knowledge.

Lucas Torreira set to make first Arsenal start against Vorskla Poltava after impressing as a substitute against Newcastle

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ke-Arsenal-start-against-Vorskla-Poltava.html

On the other hand, it's probably a pretty good guess. But I'd still rather go with Guendouzi and see Torreira in the lineup against Everton.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
As with so much of this sort of crap, this seems to be pure speculation. Not even a slight attempt at sourcing or making it sound like some sort of informed knowledge.

Lucas Torreira set to make first Arsenal start against Vorskla Poltava after impressing as a substitute against Newcastle

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ke-Arsenal-start-against-Vorskla-Poltava.html

On the other hand, it's probably a pretty good guess. But I'd still rather go with Guendouzi and see Torreira in the lineup against Everton.

We will absolutely need Toreirra vs Everton to cover Richarlison when Bellerin gets inevitably high and leaves acres of space.

Why would we risk our most impactful midfielder vs Volska? Santi's career was destroyed by freak injury in a game he shouldn't have even be involved in.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
We will absolutely need Toreirra vs Everton to cover Richarlison when Bellerin gets inevitably high and leaves acres of space.

Why would we risk our most impactful midfielder vs Volska? Santi's career was destroyed by freak injury in a game he shouldn't have even be involved in.

I agree. And it's exactly the sort of games Guendouzi should be playing to gain needed experience.

By the way, good job getting Richarlison past the spell-checker. Mine usually wants to change it to Richardson and I've seen it happen to a few others as well. :lol:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Emery has only been playing Torreira for 45 mins at a time, if he needs to get his fitness up then surely another 45 mins on Thur would speed up him actually starting a game. You cant worry about players getting injured, that can happen any time in any game, or even training.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Did anyone notice how focused this guy is? I mean, he is very good on the ball and good at passing which is easy to see, but watch this guy on set pieces! Unlike others, he checks so many times what happens around him, there is no way he loses the player or someone goes behind him. He really enjoys defending. This skill also helps him to make so many interceptions in midfield, even if he doesn't win the ball, it's not easy for other guy to run through our midfield anymore.

This is Coquelin with football brain and ball skill.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Did anyone notice how focused this guy is? I mean, he is very good on the ball and good at passing which is easy to see, but watch this guy on set pieces! Unlike others, he checks so many times what happens around him, there is no way he loses the player or someone goes behind him. He really enjoys defending. This skill also helps him to make so many interceptions in midfield, even if he doesn't win the ball, it's not easy for other guy to run through our midfield anymore.

He is very concentrated indeed. Both him and Papa have that pure defensive instinct. They defend with pride and unlike Unai, if you ask them: they will pick 1:0 win over 4:3 anytime of the day, heck, I bet they would pick 1:0 over 4:2.

Lucas is still young and very ‘shy’, cause of his age, new teammates, new culture/league/country and all this spotlight he is under. At ghe same time, his talent is so obvious and fits our needs just perfect. Will be a beast, as long as injuries stay away

Wryer

I like how he remained tigerish despite the yellow card.

But needs to be abit more measured in this slide tackles. The referee could have been conned yesterday.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I like how he remained tigerish despite the yellow card.

But needs to be abit more measured in this slide tackles. The referee could have been conned yesterday.
I think they are well measured. Didn't see him so far completely missing the ball when he makes a sliding tackle. Even the one when he got a yellow card was very good.
The refs in England are beyond stupid, that will make life a bit more difficult for him at start, but he will adjust with time. It's important for his game that he continues playing like that, but I agree that after the first yellow card he should be more careful, even though I also liked how he continued to be very aggressive after that :)

Wryer

I think they are well measured. Didn't see him so far completely missing the ball when he makes a sliding tackle. Even the one when he got a yellow card was very good.
The refs in England are beyond stupid, that will make life a bit more difficult for him at start, but he will adjust with time. It's important for his game that he continues playing like that, but I agree that after the first yellow card he should be more careful, even though I also liked how he continued to be very aggressive after that :)

Yeah. I felt his strong tackle was bit unnecessary in the context of the phase of the play. No imminent danger to warrant lunging in like that, which I thought is quite unlike him anyway. Rush of blood. But we definitely need him to remain aggressive.

Was about to say the exact same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom