• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: Garra Charrua

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheArsenalis

What I love about his game is how he sometimes intercepts a hard pass. He just slide tackles towards them, so explosive, a joy to watch.
He reads everything! Absolute beast. He doesn't even wait for his team to tackle his man, he is like chill out bro I got this.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

If you were an opposition player I doubt you'd say this. He crashes into people like they just murdered his dog or something. ;). But I get you, a model pro.

Winning the 50/50 battles has always involved the most contentious ones in a match.

We've sorely missed someone of his caliber who has the required aggression to go toe to toe with the foot sloggers of the premier league.

My dream remains seeing him paired up with Porto's Danilo in our midfield.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Winning the 50/50 battles has always involved the most contentious ones in a match.

We've sorely missed someone of his caliber who has the required aggression to go toe to toe with the foot sloggers of the premier league.

My dream remains seeing him paired up with Porto's Danilo in our midfield.
I like your dreams. I think I share them.

Downside of his game, he is going get a couple reds this season. Take that to the bank.
What has he done to suggest that?
It isn't that he is wreckless. I would say Xhaka's slide tackling is more wreckless. But I agree with @TheArsenalis because the refs are, quite frankly, borderline * in this league at times. He'll also miss a few and has yet to come up against certain players who turn the pace on at different rates.
I don't think he'll be a discipline problem. In fact I think Emery is astute and will make sure he is not by rotating when necessary. I'm not sure people realise what a combination Emery and Torreira is... A hard grafting midfielder with plenty of aggression and passion coupled with a tactical man who over analyses everything in his path... Match made in heaven lads! And would be fair to say that Xhaka is only benefitting from this too.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
What, surley fake news

Could be true, can't bother checking now, but correlation doesn't necessarily imply causality. And in this case it certainly doesn't, as we had improved as a team by the time Torreira was fit enough to start games.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
It is true.

He only conceded one in the half against Chelsea, one against Newcastle (last minute header) and now against Fulham.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Sad thing is he is probably off to a Barca in a few years

I just hope we win something meaningful before then
If he gets that good he’ll be signing a contract either this year or next. If we sell him if definitely won’t be off of his current contract so not too worried.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

How many years does he have on his contract? Need to have him on a 6 year contract at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom