• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: Garra Charrua

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikey2000

Told you before, he is not only a shield or a destroyer... he has skills and technical ability! He reminds me Santi in the way he can control the ball and dribble... but actually he restrains himself a lot and play it safe cuz he usually plays as DM.

Said this a few weeks back, definite shades of Santi not just in stature but ball control, techincal ability, passing, etc, of course Santi was completed two footed but Torreira is much more combative than Santi so it all balances out in the end.

Wryer

His attitude more than makes up for his lack of altitude.

Balls of steel. I'd have him take the last penalty of a UCL/WC final.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Huddersfield came with a plan and that was to stop Arsenal by crippling Torreira, literally.

I think they knew, once you take Thor out, you take a third of the team out.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He isn't getting enough credit for the technique on that goal. Granted, it was an open goal near enough, but what technique.

Wryer

He isn't getting enough credit for the technique on that goal. Granted, it was an open goal near enough, but what technique.

Nope.
WHAT BALLS OF STEEL to do that.
Most players, even strikers will want to take down the ball first and then strike.

Said this a few weeks back, definite shades of Santi not just in stature but ball control, techincal ability, passing, etc, of course Santi was completed two footed but Torreira is much more combative than Santi so it all balances out in the end.
Don't know if this has been previously discussed but imagine a midfield two of torreira and Santiago:p

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Don't know if this has been previously discussed but imagine a midfield two of torreira and Santiago:p
FusionDanceFinaleGotenTrunksBuuSaga.png

pikey2000

Would be a crazy level of technical ability right there, the sort of level you need to avoid the high press that the likes of City put on you.

Xhaka/Torreira is good but the Xhak is a margin to slow with his feet to avoid a really good press.

pikey2000

Anyone feels he's getting hyped to the heavens ?

He's on a great run at the moment and his goals have escalated the hype in the last few games, but I think its justified and i'll be perfectly happy if he reverts to back to intercepting/ball winnnng/putting himself about without the goals.

Be happy we have a player that is performing out of his skin, and when it tails off (because it naturally will) we will still have a very good consistent CM who is both technical and combative

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Yeah definitely agree... thing is Santi was CAM so he had a lot of vision to play like Mesut does... Lucas has to improve in that depart I think... Song was very good playing long balls from behind and Xhaka was supposed to do that but he is not full filling it.

But what Lucas does immensely is to read plays and anticipate opponents so he uses his shortness as an advantage.

I am a short person and played football a lot as CM, and sometimes it is very difficult for tall guys to play against short midfielders. But i recognize there are some long legs CM who uses them so well that is very difficult to pass them.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
He's on a great run at the moment and his goals have escalated the hype in the last few games, but I think its justified and i'll be perfectly happy if he reverts to back to intercepting/ball winnnng/putting himself about without the goals.

Be happy we have a player that is performing out of his skin, and when it tails off (because it naturally will) we will still have a very good consistent CM who is both technical and combative
I think he is going to improve and get even better cuz he is so young for CM... their pick is at 28-30 so he is reaching his potential

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom