• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: Loan Watch

Can Lucas rise above his shortcomings and the low opinions Arsenal fans have of him?

• Total voters

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

All those MoTM awards early on. Shame his time here nosedived the longer the Emery era went on.
Emery really didn’t do this player any favors. Playing him totally out of position. Think a spell under Simeone will do him good. And being in a Spanish speaking city will surely help. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if he really finds his bearings again.

Quite envy him living in Madrid! One of my favorite cities. Just fabulous living! Great food and drink, culture and people. Not sure if optimal for a professional athlete, but still...

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Wasn’t all down to Emery why this guy didn’t work out. Cried the minute he got here, didn’t make any friends or bother to learn the language, cried at every other opportunity..A young millionaire in his early twenties in London by the way.

Look up and down the team, even under Arteta - who is really playing in their preferred position?
You could probably count on one hand including the Keeper and that’s the life of a pro baller.

Decent player but yeah sometimes it just doesn’t work out. Things went against him for sure but Torreira has nobody to blame but himself. There’s players all over the world who would have killed to be here.

Good riddance and good luck to him.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Great ball winner. Limited footballer. Far from being poor, he has talent. We and London were just the wrong move for Torreria. He's came here, made a European final, won and FA cup and us much better off financially. Good luck to him at Atletico.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Wasn’t all down to Emery why this guy didn’t work out. Cried the minute he got here, didn’t make any friends or bother to learn the language, cried at every other opportunity..A young millionaire in his early twenties in London by the way.
I came to the UK from one of Europe's southern countries, and I can't believe anyone would complain about the language or the weather here. The weather is absolutely perfect (except for the Scotland and NI where it's raining a lot), never too hot like it's in the south, and definitely not too cold over the winter, with most of the year being sunny.
As for the language, you learn the basics through TV and the internet before you even come to live here, so not sure what's the issue with that.
All of that is on him and has little to do with England or Arsenal.

While I'm a fan of his game, I don't think he would work under any formation with Arteta. Arteta was a different type of player (and person) and the two of them have very little in common. Think the decision on him was made before Arteta planned for this season, and he wouldn't play Torreira even if we didn't get Partey

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Lucas, when he realizes he will have to return to England next season...

Torreira-1646937.jpg

Lucas-Torreira-crying-on-Arsenal-bench-f799.jpg

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He’s not that good, don’t think it will happen mate.
Your Swiss training pitch fraud of a midfielder is on borrowed time. Don’t go down with another ship ffs. Torreira will see the back of him.

tcahill

Hope he revitalizes his career in Spain. Quality little player, shame he never settled here off the pitch. If he has a good season we can sell him for very decent money or give Arteta a midfield selection headache next season.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
The usual suspects getting their violins out for Lil “Take me home” Lucas.

At least he gave you a good ol laugh that time James Bolton fractured his ankle...... :lol:

They say laughter is the best medicine anyway, well that and a plaster cast!

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
One of my personal faves during recent times, along with Mo Elneny and Gabriel Paulista. I hope he thrives under Simeone

Top Bottom