• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: Loan Watch

Can Lucas rise above his shortcomings and the low opinions Arsenal fans have of him?

• Total voters

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If he really had good loan there I'm not ruling out A.Madrid buy him. The league suit him got 2 national teammates he don't have problem with language good weather.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
emery bumsquad still pining for torreira and guendouzi. That was the phase that convinced me that most here knew nuts about football

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Scoring for a CL team but not good enough for sitting on 9th place Arsenal? :shivering:
He scored in big games here too though? He didn’t have the mentality to make it here.

I still hope he does well and makes some of the Arsenal fans who went over the top about him choke on their words though.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
A 5'4 midfield enforcer was never going to work in the premiership.

2017-FWA-Footballer-of-the-Year-Dinner-Landmark-Hotel.jpg

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He’s been ok so far.

Obviously a big fall off from Thomas to him but he’s been a high energy guy when he’s played.

Think him and Herrera can form a scrappy midfield partnership and let Saul and Koke play higher up on the flanks.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
What! The transfer window closed a month ago.

Edit: I see they have a loophole in Spain where you get an extra 30 days after the window closes to replace a player if their release clause has been triggered (Partey). What an odd rule.

jus2nang

What! The transfer window closed a month ago.

Edit: I see they have a loophole in Spain where you get an extra 30 days after the window closes to replace a player if their release clause has been triggered (Partey). What an odd rule.

I get it, because you could be left high and dry with no notice.

What happens though if a club using the 30 day rule triggers another player's clause on day 30 of the extra period? Does that other club now get 30 days too?

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I get it, because you could be left high and dry with no notice.

Yeah I guess it is indeed for that reason. But then again not much difference when some clubs get an offer that is hard to turn down for one of their player in the last few hours of the window, and the player insist he wants out too. I guess the club can still say no but in practice they don't have much choice than to sell.

What happens though if a club using the 30 day rule triggers another player's clause on day 30 of the extra period? Does that other club now get 30 days too?

I think it is just 30 extra days after the window closes. So if you trigger another release clause it doesn't get extended beyond that.

This situation however makes Atletico's crying about us leaving till last minute to trigger Partey's clause all the more funny. They must have been furious we took Partey....not that we didn't give them much time to replace him like it was claimed.

Edit: the loophole only works between Spanish teams, so maybe they were hurt they couldn't replace him with a player from abroad.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom